Beeswax flowers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meena.shah

Reaction score
please I would like to know if anyone can help. To make bee wax flower. When I make petals and try to mould them they break. My wax hardens it doesn’t remain flexible.

please I would like to know if anyone can help. To make bee wax flower. When I make petals and try to mould them they break. My wax hardens it doesn’t remain flexible.
Do you have a photo? Beeswax is to hard to use by itself. You would have to have a good recipe with other oils, etc. I have seen flowers being made but certainly not with 100% beeswax.

I assuming these are for candles? I’m not very experienced with those, but have not heard of people trying to mold or shape their beeswax candles after pouring, bc the wax gets too hard when it cools. Do you have a flower-shaped mold to use, instead of pouring individual petals?

Last edited:
@AliOop I agree. If it's for candles then you definitely need a mold using straight beeswax. You can make whipped wax and make flowers but it won't be a solid beeswax recipe either. Maybe she will give us more information. Not sure if you can make soap dough with beeswax either. I rarely use beeswax in anything.

Beeswax is not a pliable wax. It's too hard and brittle to work with once cooled. As others said you would either have to modify the beeswax to make it into a softer, pliable wax, or you would have to use a mold.

Most people who make wax flowers that are not in a mold, do so with a paraffin wax.

Beeswax is not a pliable wax. It's too hard and brittle to work with once cooled. As others said you would either have to modify the beeswax to make it into a softer, pliable wax, or you would have to use a mold.

Most people who make wax flowers that are not in a mold, do so with a paraffin wax.
Who ever are making this flowers say they use beeswax bleach cosmetic grade

@AliOop I agree. If it's for candles then you definitely need a mold using straight beeswax. You can make whipped wax and make flowers but it won't be a solid beeswax recipe either. Maybe she will give us more information. Not sure if you can make soap dough with beeswax either. I rarely use beeswax in anything.
I also don’t have much information on it so I posted this question to find out.

Do you have a photo? Beeswax is to hard to use by itself. You would have to have a good recipe with other oils, etc. I have seen flowers being made but certainly not with 100% beeswax.
The flower maker say that they use beeswax.

Attachments

• 718C4453-5FEE-493C-BD99-F7D80F531FD9.jpeg
    718C4453-5FEE-493C-BD99-F7D80F531FD9.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back