BB swap soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, this is going to be one my BB swap soaps. I was trying to make the scene from the photo but it's **** hard to get that sort of hazy change from the dark clouds on the horizon to the sunset colors. A few from the batch look kind of stupid with the abrupt change but there it is. I already have a batch that was a bust because I put it in the fridge to cool after gel and I got stearic streaks. Gah! Flash washes it out a little.

images.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

Last edited:
My first one was Lychee REd Tea, but I got all the stearic spots and used up the last of my FO. So this round is Lime, with a little Fresh Bamboo. I'm not entirely certain I should send it in- I didn't do a very good job with the brown cloud to the side and it looks a bit too layered. I didn't sign it up yet because of that. I am hoping to get some honest feedback about whether people think it's too whatever, layered or not smoothly enough carried out, to put in the swap or if I should go with something else. On the fence.

That's awesome, it looks just like the picture! I agree with jean on incorporating the picture in the packaging, that would be neat.

Thanks! I would definitely put the picture on the packaging because otherwise it isn't clear what it's about. I, for one, would wonder what the brown chunk on the side is and I never really think about the incoming clouds being so dark. it would make much more sense with the picture.

I'm just having a moment of insecurity, I think. The classic thing about seeing all the mistakes or knowing how you wanted it to look and then not being able to see it with fresh eyes. I didn't want to make an idiot of myself!

your soap is stunning! If there are mistakes I certainly can't see them. I agree, the picture as part of the packaging would be a nice touch.

Wow, that is an amazing reproduction of the photo! It's almost like you were in the soap as you were making it so you knew right where to put the layers.

I am curious, how many times did you have to play around with this technique to get this kind of accuracy? I know you said you made one other batch of that scene, but I'm not asking that, I'm asking have you been playing around with this technique for awhile or was this really just your second batch using it?

Another question: were you really a newbie when you first picked your username? Hard to believe it could have ever been true!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back