Bad soap weekend...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanieB

Reaction score
What an awful weekend..my salt bars are oozing..and my soap(although it smells amazing) has turned from a beautiful 'seafoam' green to a not so beautiful vomit green..errrr! Well played soap gods..well played!

"Man plans, God laughs"

What a coincidence! I had a vomit green batch, too.

I'm sorry you had such a bad weekend. My soapmaking wasn't great, either. The soap gremlins ran rampant through the kitchen, laughing hysterically. :(

What type of salt did you use in your salt bars?

I just saw Hazel already asked, what kind of salt did you put in your salt bars? Epsom salts and Dead Sea Salts are a big no-no, they are full of other minerals and will draw moisture. I just use plain old fine sea salt from the grocery store.

Those soap gremlins are devious little critters!

hmmmz... I have kind of an oozing batch too... but only 2 piece of soaps affected.. the rest look okay on the surface.. Its my first time seeing my soap like that. Any issue with that? I want to post the pic but my hp currently low batt, so I do not wish to transport the phone around first..

Sorry the soap gods were not with you this weekend :-( I hope things get better with your soaping soon!

I used fine sea salt from the grocery store..nothing fancy..it smells good, doesn't look too bad..just oozy..we'll see what happens after a few days..I still have hope for those..the soap..not so much..lol

Is it oil oozing out of the bars? was the soap not to trace when you added the salt and molded it?

I used fine sea salt from the grocery store..nothing fancy..it smells good, doesn't look too bad..just oozy..we'll see what happens after a few days..I still have hope for those..the soap..not so much..lol

I had the same thing happen to when I made my 1st salt soap batch. The good folks here told me that it may reabsorb and it did. Puke green, haven't a clue but hope it fades to pretty.

I feel your pain. I had 3 days off and soaped my heart out the first day. Both batches turned out not as planned. One got stuck in the mold and I had to scoop it out and turn it into another usable batch which took forever (and still didnt turn out like I had visioned)! The next one got stuck in my soap cutter and is ok but was still a stressful process given everything involved. The last one I forgot to reserve aside some batter that I wanted to leave for a white top. Meh.... next time. :yawn:

hmmmz... I have kind of an oozing batch too... but only 2 piece of soaps affected.. the rest look okay on the surface.. Its my first time seeing my soap like that. Any issue with that? I want to post the pic but my hp currently low batt, so I do not wish to transport the phone around first..

What is oozing? Oil, lye, fragrance oil? Is it oozing from pockets, or is it sweating?

Hihi, the oozing is from a pocket.. lyk a small air bubble hole in the middle of the soap.. i taste the liquid that flow out.. it don't zap my tongue and its tasteless.. i am thinking of air that got trap in an air bubbles which went through evaporation and condensation in the saponification process. I will post the picture later.

I just posted the pic in 'photo gallery'. Can take a look over there to see if the problem is the same.

I am hoping it will..and that the unnatural green of my soap will fade..keeping my fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back