Baby Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dOttY

Reaction score
I was wondering what oils would best suit a soap recipe for Baby Soap?

I have a friend who is pregnant, and would like to make some soap for bub. I only wish I knew how awesome handmade soap was, when I had my babies!

:)

The soap I made for a friends baby girl

Olive 80%
Babassu 15%
Castor 5%

sf 6% and time to cure almost 6 month. No color no FO.

I poured it in MWM pony etc. molds. Besides it took weeks to get them out of the molds, the soap turned out nice and my friend and her daughter are still using it. (The baby is a one year old allready :D )

100% olive oil. no fragrance, no additives of any sort. let cure 6 months.

but remember, young babies don't need soap.

Depends on the baby really. I didn't need much soap with my first 2, but my second 2 (different paternal genetic material), got a rash if I looked at them crosseyed. They got quick soapy bath after every poop (even handmade wipes made it worse and not knowing about handmade soap at the time, it was one of the ultra sensitive baby shampoos I actually ended up with) that kept the diaper rash away.

All I'm trying to say is the baby may or may not need soap, but it's a great idea to have it on hand just in case it's needed so mom doesn't need to resort to other junk.

I agree with the pure olive oil and letting it cure 6 months.

I am making baby soap today!

Mostly olive and avocado oil with smaller amounts of castor and babassu and 10% SF

Unscented but I am thinking of using baby carrots for color.

Back