Awapuhi Juice in Soap???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aloevero

Reaction score
I want to make soap with the juice from Awapuhi, either a soap bar or a liquid shampoo. But there is no information about incorporating it, I'm not sure how to add it.

I think it makes the most sense to add it before the sodium/potassium hydroxide but I see little information online. Any thoughts on this?

I want to make soap with the juice from Awapuhi, either a soap bar or a liquid shampoo. But there is no information about incorporating it, I'm not sure how to add it.

I think it makes the most sense to add it before the sodium/potassium hydroxide but I see little information online. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a thread about adding aloe vera juice. Most juices (except for those that are very acidic -- citrus for example) are added in the same way. I don't use many juices, so there may be others chiming in soon.

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/aloe-vera-juice.71617/

Ooh, that's a good idea! I have some of those plants in my yard. I might try it first with the "milk in oils" method, as maybe 30 to 40 percent of the total lye liquid, just to see what happens. I'm sure I've read a blog post somewhere about regular ginger juice being a really nice addition to CP soap, along with aloe, but haven't managed to find that post again. But anyway, perhaps awapuhi will have similar or even better effects. Good luck with your experiments! 🍀

I see no reason why it can just be blitzed into a juice and used as the water component. Be aware it might accelerate your soap batch if there is any 'spice' in the juice. I'd try half water/half juice for the first batch. And then gradually increase it from there if that goes without a hitch.

Back