Avocado

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the butter for solid lotion tarts and the oil for a superfat in some of my soap.

Kitn

Does Avocado puree stay green or does it just blend in and disappear?

Val

topcat said:
I used the butter in one soap and the oil in another - I feel there is no difference and the butter is more expensive, so I use that in leave-on products now. HTH!

Tanya :)

Ditto what Topcat said. I tried to put the butter in all my soaps but it's too expensive. It's definitely my favorite butter/oil feel-wise.

What do you girls feel the puree gives to the soap? And Val and I need to know if it colors the soap please :)

My Private Label customer wants Avocado Oil in her soaps just to have it on her labels so to keep the costs down in will be there but in a small quantity.

For people using Avocado puree, how do you get it? you just take an avocado and squeeze it with a fork? a food processor? do you peel it, before?
And for the quantity, 1 T (tablespoon?) for pound of oil, right?

I would definitely peel it ..... and either mash with fork or put in blender or food processor. Not sure of the amounts.

Val

val you said to def. peel it, but out of curiosity I'm tempted to use some of the peel and see if I get a darker color green with it. What do you think?

Dixie said:
val you said to def. peel it, but out of curiosity I'm tempted to use some of the peel and see if I get a darker color green with it. What do you think?

I've made it with the peel. You do get a darker color, but as time goes on the peel gets scratchy. Cucumber peel is good, but avocado peel is a bit harsher IMO...

Val said:
Does Avocado puree stay green or does it just blend in and disappear?

Val

I used 1 Tbs ppo and stick blended it into the oils before the lye solution. I did not gel, and my soap is creamy only because of the GM that I use. No discoloration for me at all.

I cut my avocado in half, discard the seed, scoop out the pulp into a cup or small bowl that my stickblender can fit into, and then stickblend the bejeebees out of it until it is absolutely, positively 100% smooth. Then I further stickblend it into my oils before adding the lye. I've never used avocado peels, though. I use 1 tbsp. puree ppo.

I forgot to mentiion that mine always turn out olive green most likely because I also always use cucumber juice in my avocado puree soaps (as well as the tiniest smidge of chromium hydroxide green). I juice the whole cucumber, peel and all, strain it, and use it as part of my water amount. The juice is a really nice, dark, emerald green color.

I love the dense creaminess the puree lends to my soap.

IrishLass

Latest posts

Back