Amazing Day Today

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, today has been a bit of an amazing day. First, it started with an earthquake and wiring money for more dental surgery for my daughter so it did not start so well.

LOL, right after all that my daughter called me crying so hard I could not even understand her, and I was so afraid the doctor had given her bad news again since she has been fighting infection in several teeth again. When the semi-hysterics subsided and I could understand her she told me Autumn found her wedding ring which had been stolen over a year ago from her nightstand during her air conditioner install along with her wedding band and a childhood ring. I am sure I posted that story, we know it was the employee but of course, we could not prove it and the employer just ignored her, he is a hateful sob. Her air conditioner went out and we fought him for over a month to replace the unit which was now about 2 days out of warranty because he would not answer his phone. Oh yes, this was the employer who set fire to the new electrical box when he fired up the new unit. That is another story. He finally replaced the unit a couple of weeks ago, the owner did the work himself. Autumn was getting ready to powerwash the driveway and found her mom's wedding ring. This is the approximate area where the owner left the old unit. Sadly the other two rings were not there, but we are guessing he found out it was his employee that stole them and decided to somewhat return it. This is unbelievable.

The next interesting thing to happen today that nowhere near compares to the ring is I have been unhappy that my realtor convinced me to move my reptile tanks and in doing so I ended up losing a couple of my guys just because I could not get them organized properly. Anyway, I had ended up putting two together in a tank that I knew could be iffy if they would get along, which they apparently did not get along because one disappeared after two weeks. It has been over two months now and all of a sudden the little stinker showed up in the tank. I have also been cranky because my husband keeps complaining about all my tanks and moving them so I gave away one of my breeding pairs but kept two eggs from them. One egg hatched before we left for Winnemucca a couple of weeks ago but the baby was not doing well. When I got home the darn mister had flooded the tank, the food was soaked and moldy, and no sign of the little one. This was also almost 3 weeks with no food for a baby. I took the tank apart got it dried out hoping the other egg would hatch which it still has not. I was looking at the tank and I could not believe it, the amazing little survivor showed up alive and well.

The third thing today is I got a notice that I have been given next year's forum membership!! It has been an amazing day. I told my daughter maybe things are going to turn around after these next 5 teeth come out. Then we will do our best to get her some teeth. Now if the garage fairy could just build me a garage at my new house....🤣🤣🤣 Sorry about the looooong story

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 0
What a story about the ring, and glad something good happened for you.

Back