Am I wrong for not liking essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the therapeutic benefits probably wouldn't survive the lye; however, more knowledgeable people have commented that if you can still smell the EOs then you can derive some benefit from them. Awhile back someone wrote about the olfactory reaction to scents. I don't remember it all but it was something about the olfactory nerve links directly to the brain which is why aromatherapy is effective. Sorry, it was months ago and I don't remember too much from it.

Also, I've had very good luck with EOs sticking in my soaps. I've got three soaps that are at least 9 months old and I can still smell the EOs in them. Of course, it's not as strong as when I first made them but the scent is still there.

But as I said earlier, it's personal preference and I'm not an aromatherapist. If I was an aromatherapist, I'd be more concerned with using EOs in leave on products and scent diffusers. Also, I'm sure an aromatherapist would be horrified that I mix EOs and FOs. :lol: But I've had some FOs that I wasn't impressed with and adding a blend of EOs to them made them smell wonderful, IMO.

If anyone wanted to use EOs for therapy in soaps, then rebatching or even HP would be better than CP.

lemongrass by itself is good, but I dont care for eos either or the prices.

Back