Your most moisturising soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scrummysuds said:
...hmmmm psycho bathroom scene doesn't sound very christmassy......any suggestions colour wise?

I think red soap is fine ...as long as you don't over-do so as to make red suds! LOL :wink:

...I'm doing red swirls in my Christmas peppermint soap ( Merry Christmint!)

Merry Christmint that's a great name, love it!!
Think I'll keep to my original colour plan then and hope for the3 best.

Any ideas of what to call this mulled wine soap? I've had a few rubbish ideas but finding it hard to think of names which either incorporates mulled wine and christmas.............

Just a heads up, if you're using the "Mulled Glogg Wine" from Day-Star Supplies, it discolors to brown which will affect your red coloring.

I agree with the superfatting post. I superfat at 7% and sometimes higher and find these to be gentle. I recently participated in a soap swap and I could easily guess those that had a lower superfat, they dried out my skin.

I personally dont think you need loads of expensive butters to create a 'moisturising' bar, but I do use shea and cocoa butter and love how my skin feels, I think it adds a little extra. I recently tried a bar with Jojoba (not mine) - OMG it was delish, silky smooth and left my skin feeling great. However if your superfat was low - this would defeat the purpose of adding these great oils - IMHO

As for Red - arggh, I have over coloured so many times trying to get it right. To little and it goes pink, too much and, like Carebear said = Psycho.

Back