Wound care @ home

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Sudds, just a heads up, since candelilla is harder than beeswax you might have to vary the percentages or otherwise tinker a little bit (eg, more oil or use a softer butter) to get the right texture/slip in your lotion bar. But you can remelt and add until you get something you like. Just keep really good notes so that you can remember the changes.
Thanks for the heads up, I will use some of my Monoi de Tahiti which I love the smell of. I am anxious to try it out, as I am not much of a sweet scent person but honestly, I could roll in that butter! I used to have two miniature poodles and after every grooming, I would rub that into their coats, not so much for them but, for me so I could smell it on them! I just can't do that to my Crested little guy, I think he would get quite insulted! I never fly by the seat of my pants when doing soap stuff, experiment yes, copious notes, another yes! I'm too cheap not too LOL!

@Sudds, Culpepers herbal is a book I have if you want to read up on herbs. The book as been around for while and is very comprehensive, great referral book. my Naturopath at the time, recommended it to many years ago.
Sorry for the late reply, Relle. I was making a cake! Now that, that debacle is over I will get the Culpeper Herbal book, I need to be more proactive in my herbal remedies program. Thank heavens my doc isn't one to throw meds at a person on a whim and is always interested in what I have to say...I know, I have found a good apple among a lot of bad ones!

I just received a quick text from my bestie who lives in Seattle, Costco has their Manuka on sale: https://www.costco.com./.product.1418178.html for $59.99 ($20.00 less)

Back