Will you take me back :--)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have been absent for well over a year and hope you all will let me back in, ha ha!.
Haven't made soap for all that time and it is like starting over. I had to lurk and reread old threads to get back on track again. I was planning to sell at a craft show this past spring but it was cancelled. Then I fell into another hobby making things from golf balls and that took off. (I will put a link in the "Other Hobbies" forum.) But I am back to my first love--soapmaking.
It is great to see the familiar people here, and WOW! Kiwi Moose got married. Congratulations Kiwi!
I am missing Zany...don't know what happened there :-(
I had to throw away quite a few oils that were getting very old. The worst one was my partially hydrogenated soy oil. I had purchased a large drum and it was rancid. The stink about knocked me out when I took the lid off...PHEW. What a waste. It was also my newest oil so it obviously my warm climate did it in. I am going to stick with GW415 from now on because it keeps longer. Maybe I will buy a little refrigerator for my oils. I will decide after my craft show in November.
So I have 4 batches of soap curing now. While making them I had so many questions that I should have know the answer to, so I reread stuff and here I am. I am still only making good plain, one color, soap. After Christmas I plan to do some of the monthly challenges and get a bit fancy.
Great to see you all:dance:
Shirley-D

I think this how to link posts: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/my-other-hobby.93994/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back