Will they melt?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanam

Reaction score
I would like to place some melt and pour raspberries on top of a CP raspberry scented soap loaf. I am concerned about whether they will melt from the heat? I would hate to uncover to find a melted mess on top of an otherwise beautiful loaf of soap! I thought I had read somewhere about letting the soap go through gel phase and THEN putting m&p embellishments on top. Any thoughts? I have tried preventing gel in the fridge before, but I usually end up getting a partial gel so I wold rather not try that again. Thanks for the help!

Hi there, not sure of what kind of mold or recipe you are using but try putting it in the freezer overnight instead of just the fridge. Haven't tried MP embeds but the freezer usually works to stave off gelling. The only catch is you may have to wait a day or few extra before unmolding. Patience is virtue. ;)

you want your soap to gel to have the embeds adhere to the soap otherwise they will probably just fall off. Unless you are doing something like CPOP I don't think there will be an issue. I wouldn't cover the tops, but insulate around the sides.
I've added M&P embeds this way and have never had an issue. the only time I had problems was when the soap didn't gel. The embeds fell off.
Good luck.

Thanks for the advice...I will try just insulating around the sides. I have never not covered the top...will it still gel all the way through?

Latest posts

Back