Will CP soap melt under Asia countries?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan_ogz83

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm currently residing in Singapore and the temperature here is usually very hot and humid 24 - 32 degrees Celsius.

So will CP soap 'melt' under this kind of temperature?
Thanks!

Good question! Is it humid there? I come from Syria originally- and the temperatures reach up to 40 Celsius. People here have had soap making in their heritage for hundreds of years... however, our heat is desert heat - very, very dry. Moisture is the soap killer, not (necessarily) heat.

bilal hito

It shouldn't melt but the humidity could cause it to spoil faster than under drier or cooler conditions. I'd use oils that are less prone to oxidation.

That's typical for a southern Ontario summer. Humid here too. I haven't had any problems with my soap, and I still have some bars from my very first batch over two years ago.

So you should be fine. :D

judymoody said:
It shouldn't melt but the humidity could cause it to spoil faster than under drier or cooler conditions. I'd use oils that are less prone to oxidation.

Hi! so how do i find more information about which are the oils that are less prone to oxidation? Thanks! :)

Thank you all for sharing your experience with me! I'm much more clearer about what is needed for the soaps. :)

Latest posts

Back