Why Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that if you are a beginning soap maker, I would not recommend using beeswax at all if you are doing cold process, until you are more experienced in soap making. I think using beeswax can be a bit tricky because it starts to solidify quickly as the temperature of the oils is reduced, so you have to soap hotter. Also, I don't think it adds that much benefit to bar soaps. Soy wax, on the other hand, is much easier to work with and is nice in soap. Just my opinion though.

I think that if you are a beginning soap maker, I would not recommend using beeswax at all if you are doing cold process, until you are more experienced in soap making. I think using beeswax can be a bit tricky because it starts to solidify quickly as the temperature of the oils is reduced, so you have to soap hotter. Also, I don't think it adds that much benefit to bar soaps. Soy wax, on the other hand, is much easier to work with and is nice in soap. Just my opinion though.
I agree, working with BW can sometimes lead to panic among inexperienced soapers. It's a matter of when you feel comfortable with certain 'jumps' in your process, and that time is different for different people

Latest posts

Back