Who Wore it Best

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of naming the bottom 2 Dark Magic, but am not sure what to name the top ones. Since they only have rainbow colors but do not resemble a rainbow in any way, shape, or form, I'm really not sure. I was going to name it "The Unicorn's Rainbow" but I don't like that name for this soap, so will have to think of something.
How about White Magic for the top one? I don't know what Love Spell smells like but it seems appropriate, also people might then buy them both as a set ;)

Well really love the striking colors of the top two, but since you were going for a Tiger Stripe, I can understand how those are a fail. The bottom two did give you the Tiger Stripe. I wonder what went wrong with your technique in the top two. Why didn't they give your the stripes? Regardless, they are all beautiful.

Well really love the striking colors of the top two, but since you were going for a Tiger Stripe, I can understand how those are a fail. The bottom two did give you the Tiger Stripe. I wonder what went wrong with your technique in the top two. Why didn't they give your the stripes? Regardless, they are all beautiful.
Well I didn't get the tiger stripe because of the way I poured. I like it, just like the bottom 2 better, even though I had problems with the bottom 2.

Technically the bottom 2 are the ones that I originally considered a fail because of how wonky the batter was acting. Just very uncharacteristic for that FO. It accelerated, riced, separated in the bowl, then thickened again before getting the colors in, then the colors sat on top, which I wanted an ITP for a slide type pour, so I had to smoosh the color down in the batter. Just ... it was not a fun experience making that batch. I really truly thought it was going to separate in the mold and I'd have to rebatch. But then I cut and low and behold, it like it best!

The top two remind me of an abstract painting, like Kandinsky or something[emoji6]. But I'm just totally in love with the bottom two. The effect you got with the colors that almost seems to give them texture (though I believe it's a smooth soap right?) Omg it's got me entranced!

Latest posts

Back