Who Wore it Best

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
lol okay, y’all tell me - which two was the “flop” and which two was how I wanted it?

I’ll let you know tomorrow which is which.

9AEF4182-110F-4D29-AF6E-A3F618085C21.jpeg
9F6C1E30-DA97-47AB-BE57-57BB2D45B0AE.jpeg
04D2F28D-5B0C-4270-A741-774F2E332BD8.jpeg
D1AB01FC-E000-4DB0-9012-1155DD42FBC5.jpeg

I know which is which, and I do like the top 2 pics. But the bottom 2 pics are good too.

Maybe they will smell just a tad different and you can call them different names ? :) :hippo:

I know which is which, and I do like the top 2 pics. But the bottom 2 pics are good too.

Maybe they will smell just a tad different and you can call them different names ? :) :hippo:
I used different scents in each one. The top ones are Love Spell type and the bottom ones are Fruit Slices.Both are slow movers and usually slow down trace, but this time one of them did not behave well...

I know which is which too. They are both pretty, but I kind of like the ‘flop’ better.
the top 2 are just stunning and the second 2 are very very nice also. I would be hard pressed to call either one of them a flop
Thank you!

I like the flop also... :) I also like the supposed perfect one, but think I like the one I considered a flop better myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

I like the flop also... :) I also like the supposed perfect one, but think I like the one I considered a flop better myself.
Didn't I say this would be great when you first posted about it being a flop? Haha.. Both are pretty, but I love the "flop" and I know which one it is from the top hehehe

I vote for first one too.

That is the most white soap I've ever seen (doesn't look like td)). You aren't a lard user are you?
And I'm envious of those colors....I have most of the micas you've used but don't get that saturation. Maybe I don't use enough.
Nope, I don't use lard. It's made me break out when I've tried to use it in the past, so I just avoid it in soap. The first ones actually dont have TD in it, but the second ones do. Go figure?!?!

I didn't use a lot. Maybe 1 of those tiny ml scoops for about 3.5oz soap batter for each mica. (so 2 tiny scoops for most, 3 for the red)

Didn't I say this would be great when you first posted about it being a flop? Haha.. Both are pretty, but I love the "flop" and I know which one it is from the top hehehe
You did, and you were right. I was so convinced it was going to flop/separate. I was pleasantly surprised.

Is this going to be The Dress event of SMF?! My vote is for the bottom two being 'the flop' .. still pretty great but my favourite is the top one. Now floor us with your Great Reveal!

LOL
show-me-that-stupid-dress-one-more-time.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, for the reveal -

The top two were the ones I thought were going to be perfect.
I was actually going for a sort of tigerish swirl like I got in the bottom two

I know the bottom 2 are the ones I thought were going to separate, fail, and need rebatched, (those ones that did NOT behave well at all!!) but once I cut them, and all the extra oil soaked back in, I find I like them better than the top simply for the swirl. Believe it or not, the bottom pics are not blurry, that's just how they look.
Yes they are a little muddied, but I can live with that. Wish they were a little more vibrant like the top 2 but, well, we can't have it all I guess!! LOL

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I appreciate them all.

Thinking of naming the bottom 2 Dark Magic, but am not sure what to name the top ones. Since they only have rainbow colors but do not resemble a rainbow in any way, shape, or form, I'm really not sure. I was going to name it "The Unicorn's Rainbow" but I don't like that name for this soap, so will have to think of something.

Latest posts

Back