What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a copy cat!
Yup!
A320DB1A-CCB3-4E6D-AECA-B108C94E31C5.jpeg
any of course mine willbe filled with my famous glycerin rivers.

Im just making the soap frosting for the last soap in the Woz Series. Its Glinda inspired and im trying to decide on a non-branded name for it. Maybe after the cut something will come to me.

Edited to add

glinda.jpg

Hada little TD Twitch while piping the front row. I can usually feel it coming but this time I did not. Wont be too bad though because the extra blob will get cut off when I cut the soap.

Just have the soap dough wands to make tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yay! This is NOT to brag, just share some happiness that the experiment went well. So I got feedback from hubby today. (post #22,997 that I posted a couple of days ago)
He was supposed to shave the day after I made it, but he wanted to wait.

Pheeew. It was all thumbs up, and he said his skin became soft and supple, the razor glided through the foam with the greatest ease (even more so than the regular recipe actually). And the after-feel of the skin was so smooth.
I stroke my hands on his face, and he was so soft and smooth, I was really surprized. My earlier recipes never dried him out, but he hasn`t been this soft before.
He doesn`t like to use anything after his shave, no cream or lotion or anything, so I have always made sure the shaving soap is not to drying. And this wasn`t. I used 20% coconut.

Now he can keep using his sample, and I`ll let him use it for a 14 days straight. If it still doesn`t give him any adverse reactions, no soreness, no rash or anything, next in line is my brother and dad. My brother has eczema, and my dad has very dry skin. The ammount of essentil oils is just 1% of oil weight, and they have never had any reactions to my other soaps with 5%. If they are positive to the soap I will expand on more testers to my male friends. I am not giving out soap to everyone at once, I want to have full control during testing, to keep track of any reactions.

If family and everyone else are positive too the soap, then this is surely going into the folder as a possible CPSR soap.

I have a few more recipes to test out, one witout castor and another one with. So not sure if castor makes a difference, but it is sure interesting to see where we end up!!

After planning a soap for my new mold, I’ve decided that I’m too tired to make soap today. :( I didn’t sleep well last night and have two big days coming up for new student orientation on Monday and Tuesday. I’m not as good with 10 hour go,go,go days as I was when I started this job 10 years ago. This is why I should retire!

I am moving in January (building a new house) and I am not looking at all forward to moving my soap supplies!

Moving the soaping supplies/utensils was easy, the need for new furniture and moving existing ones is what has me bogged down. This and 21 years of "stuff" that has accumulated!

Yay! This is NOT to brag, just share some happiness that the experiment went well. So I got feedback from hubby today. (post #22,997 that I posted a couple of days ago)
He was supposed to shave the day after I made it, but he wanted to wait.

Pheeew. It was all thumbs up, and he said his skin became soft and supple, the razor glided through the foam with the greatest ease (even more so than the regular recipe actually). And the after-feel of the skin was so smooth.
I stroke my hands on his face, and he was so soft and smooth, I was really surprized. My earlier recipes never dried him out, but he hasn`t been this soft before.
He doesn`t like to use anything after his shave, no cream or lotion or anything, so I have always made sure the shaving soap is not to drying. And this wasn`t. I used 20% coconut.

Now he can keep using his sample, and I`ll let him use it for a 14 days straight. If it still doesn`t give him any adverse reactions, no soreness, no rash or anything, next in line is my brother and dad. My brother has eczema, and my dad has very dry skin. The ammount of essentil oils is just 1% of oil weight, and they have never had any reactions to my other soaps with 5%. If they are positive to the soap I will expand on more testers to my male friends. I am not giving out soap to everyone at once, I want to have full control during testing, to keep track of any reactions.

If family and everyone else are positive too the soap, then this is surely going into the folder as a possible CPSR soap.

I have a few more recipes to test out, one witout castor and another one with. So not sure if castor makes a difference, but it is sure interesting to see where we end up!!
Yay success 🙌🏼💫. I gotta say after viewing your shaving soap picts' I was so impressed! and them foaming bubbles' WOW.... 😉👍🏼🤩🧼

Back