What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First success Goat Milk Soap! This is my 5th batch of soap and my 2nd attempt at goat milk soap. No one warned me that soaping is a straight up obsession! I go to sleep thinking about my next batch and wake up with so many ideas. So much soap, so little time šŸ˜

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
First success Goat Milk Soap! This is my 5th batch of soap and my 2nd attempt at goat milk soap. No one warned me that soaping is a straight up obsession! I go to sleep thinking about my next batch and wake up with so many ideas. So much soap, so little time šŸ˜
Where did you get that mold? Whatā€™s the name of it?! Itā€™s gorgeous!
I made a batch of Lollypop swirl soap and a ball soap that I call "my Saturn soap".
All the five boys, my grandchildren, like it very much but I can not yet part with it.
It is a pretty cool planet.

I'm not making full blown soap dough, just using little bits of soap for patching. What lye conc do you use? I use 40%, but even at that low water amount I usually can scrape bits of soap from just below the surface layer that will soften up enough for patching. That approach works best within a day or two of cutting the soap. For harder/drier soap, I very lightly spritz a small chunk of soap with water, wrap it in plastic wrap, let it soften up overnight and then work it to a dough consistency. The bits of soap I use are small - the size of a hazelnut, or possibly a walnut. I forgot that you used soup dough to make the soap. If you have any of that left, you should be able to use it to patch without having to sacrifice a bar.

ETA: you can watch Teri of Tree Marie Soapworks use bits of trimmed soap to patch a bar, starting at around 17:30.
I patched them!!

You are a genius. Thank you.

Back