What soap boxes should I use?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an order for soaps that will be used in gift baskets for Christmas. This customer prefers boxes with labels. My question is should I use kraft boxes without a window, kraft boxes with a window, or kraft boxes with an open window? This will just be for plain unscented, uncolored ZNSC that I've been making for over 2 years now but I've never used soap boxes. Will the soap sweat inside the boxes or will they be ok? I'm so nervous. I've only ever sold to family before and this is one of DH's business clients that he gifted a bar of soap to a couple months ago.

I use the kraft boxes from WSP with a rectangular window, but if I was only going to be packaging uncolored, unscented soap I think that a box without a window would better completely protect the soap. If you are only going to use boxes this one time, that's what I would order.

These labels match the boxes very well and fit horizontally on the front, or vertically on the back. I use them on the back to list ingredients and also include some wording to say the soap should be kept on a draining soap dish or soap lift to allow it to dry between uses, and use these labels for the front with the soap scent. They work well for me, but I don't sell. There would be enough room for the name of the soap and the soap weight, but I'm not sure what else has to be on the front label when selling.

Latest posts

Back