Very Disappointed With Camden Grey Order Advice Needed

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel fortunate that my order arrived okay, and that my confirmation email contained the complete listing. Just wanted to add that — if anyone else with "mature skin" wants to chance a last-minute order — earlier today they still had Squalane (olive-derived) in stock, and it is great stuff. 🍀

I also received their "final final" sale email. Be sure to double-check Camden's prices with other suppliers like New Directions Aromatics, etc. Some of CG's sale prices are great, and others are 2x as much, or more, than NDA's regular prices.

They say in the tiny print in that email something about "if we decide to re-open" and ... it all smells fishy.

@justsomeguy goodness, just how big was your order? Or was it like me when I'm looking for my reading glasses and they are on my head?

I was going to order ROE, because it was a great price and I've been meaning to get some. I thought I could then just get other things to make it worth my while. But, I was afraid to end up in the same spot as @Jersey Girl .

It's nice that they sent some customers some extras or an opportunity to explore a new product, but generally, it seems like they passed on quality control in their final days. A headache I'd rather not invite.

I'm with those who suggested - for those who aren't ok with the order they received- an email to Camden Grey and then immediate follow up with the credit card company.

@justsomeguy goodness, just how big was your order?
I made 3 of them🤦🏿‍♂️
I've at 40%, two at 55% off
I got spendy stuff I really wanted to smell (true neroli, oakmoss absolute, ylang ylang absolute, lavender absolute, and some other EOs).
Or was it like me when I'm looking for my reading glasses and they are on my head?

I tore the house apart recently for 2 days looking for my label maker. Sat on the couch, looked to my left, and presto! Label maker 🤬
It's nice that they sent some customers some extras or an opportunity to explore a new product, but generally, it seems like they passed on quality control in their final days. A headache I'd rather not invite.
It never occurred to be that they wouldn't come through. But I tend to trust implicitly.

I'm with those who suggested - for those who aren't ok with the order they received- an email to Camden Grey and then immediate follow up with the credit card company.
I second this!

Last week I took advantage of the 55% off sale that Camden Gray was offering because they are closing up shop. You could only get the discount if you ordered over $100 of products. I ordered 10 pounds of beeswax which is what I really wanted and to get the total over $100 I added 8 ounces of ROE and a flavor. The total after discount was $110. The next correspondence I got from them was a shipping notification that the products had shipped with a note at the bottom that said that they had to run out of beeswax and that they were adjusting the discount to reflect the new total. So basically they took away the 55% discount and I paid $50 plus shipping for 8 ounces of ROE and 3 1/2 ounces of a flavor oil. I would never have paid this kind of money for those two products. They never gave me a chance to add something different to the order or informed me that they were doing this and I’m really angry about it. To top it off they’re not going to refund my credit card till next week sometime as I was charged $110 and the total now is $61 without the beeswax. I’m considering doing a chargeback on my credit card, but I don’t know if that will work since they’re going out of business. I sent them a note but have not heard back. Think it was really unfair that they didn’t inform me. It was like a bait and switch. Would like your thoughts on this. Thanks guys!
Absolutely contest the charge.

Tell your credit card company that you will send back the products received. Tell them that you were charged for product that they have no intention of sending you, and that you have tried unsuccessfully to get them to make it right. Tell them that they told you they are going out of business. Do not volunteer any other information.

The credit card company may require you to return a form to them in the mail. You must comply with this, or they will come back and re-charge you for the full amount.

Last edited:
I made 3 of them🤦🏿‍♂️
I've at 40%, two at 55% off
I got spendy stuff I really wanted to smell (true neroli, oakmoss absolute, ylang ylang absolute, lavender absolute, and some other EOs).
@justsomeguy - okay, yeah, you've got it bad :) I stopped buying EO's, and I'll use my gigantic stash for M&P only because they seem to burn off in CP despite being pretty pricey. I'm glad you didn't describe the EO's you bought any sooner. I may have been tempted....

I tore the house apart recently for 2 days looking for my label maker. Sat on the couch, looked to my left, and presto! Label maker 🤬
Yeah, been there, done that.

But I tend to trust implicitly.
This planet could use more people like you!!

I received most of my order (phew) except for some rose clay- hopefully I’ll be refunded. I just looked on their website and it says they are rethinking how they might return online. Surprising.
ETA
I just emailed to make sure they knew I hadn’t received part of my order. I said I knew people would be refunded I just wanted to make sure they knew I hadn’t received it. (No packing list.) I received an auto reply - here’s part of it.

“RE: Shipped orders but some items did not ship due to being out-of-stock: We're working on correcting and emailing invoices as well as issuing refunds for orders placed during the next to last 55% promotion. Customers were informed in advance that there would be out-of-stock situations and that those items would not ship at a later date. But now many are surprised that there were items 'missing' from their shipments and they expect to receive the out-of-stock items later??? How is this possible?”

It sounds like they are exhausted - still - they don’t need to be snarky. 🙄

Last edited:
I received an email yesterday with notification of a credit that was being issued to me for products were not received. Their website message indicated that they were overwhelmed and working to rectify orders. I hope that folks here get what they need. I remain hopeful ;)

Latest posts

Back