Vanillin in FO.... A Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JudyH

Reaction score
Just wondering, at what % of vanillin do you feel that FO start to discolor your CP soaps? I have a FO that has a content of 0.6% vanillin. I will probably use the vanilla color stabilizer with it.

If you use titanium dioxide to whiten your soap with, do you prefer the powder or do you use the one from TKB that is already diluted in glycerin? Also, how much white colorant do you use to keep your CP white if you're using a FO with vanillin?

If your FO has only .6%, you won't need the stabilizer. I have a couple of FOs with 1% vanillin and they don't discolor on me.

Just wondering, at what % of vanillin do you feel that FO start to discolor your CP soaps?

In order for me to answer that I would need to know the vanillin content of each of my FOs, but unfortunately I don't. :( The only FOs I am sure of are those that I buy from WSP because they list the vanillin content of their FOs. My FOs with 1% vanillin come from there.

Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences.

IrishLass :)

Back