Update & pics to "pretty peaks please"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

my2scents

Reaction score
O.K. so I tried REALLY REALLY hard yesterday & this is the result
Sandle wood
Picture836-1.jpg

& Cedar & Saffron ( Traces @ lightning speed)
Picture837.jpg

better but I still got to work on it.
Not bad for a complete newbie , maybe I actually have some skills?
I hope people will like it.

I don't know, 2cents (was it 2scents? I suddenly can't remember). I looked at the photos you posted from the Etsy site and yours look pretty comparable! I think they're really good.
I notice your Cedar and Saffron soaps have a nice slight arch at the bottom, which I really like. Is that how your mold is built?

newbie said:
I don't know, 2cents (was it 2scents? I suddenly can't remember). I looked at the photos you posted from the Etsy site and yours look pretty comparable! I think they're really good.
I notice your Cedar and Saffron soaps have a nice slight arch at the bottom, which I really like. Is that how your mold is built?
:oops: my soap mold is a hard PVC plastic...... um probably not super oven proof.... thats warp.
I'm waiting on some silicone oven proof molds
I probably shouldn't do it but thats the only thing I've noticed so far after doing it 3 times.
Thanks for looking guys.

love the colors and pretty peaks!

i also kinda like the warp....it gives the soap an interesting look

You shouldn't be blushing about your PVC mold! See, I think that's one of those "mistakes" or whatever you'd call it that gives a great effect that I now want for myself! I may try to warp a mold or two.

I just got a silcone loaf mold that hold about 2.5 lbs and it was $20. They don't make bigger ones than that; they apparently don't hold their shape if they're bigger and I do note this one has very slight bowing when full, but it releases well and silicone is oven-proof. It's Crafter's Choice.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/St ... y+%26+Loaf

Looks great! I've never had the patience to try and get good peaks but really love them too!

newbie said:
You shouldn't be blushing about your PVC mold! See, I think that's one of those "mistakes" or whatever you'd call it that gives a great effect that I now want for myself! I may try to warp a mold or two.

I just got a silcone loaf mold that hold about 2.5 lbs and it was $20. They don't make bigger ones than that; they apparently don't hold their shape if they're bigger and I do note this one has very slight bowing when full, but it releases well and silicone is oven-proof. It's Crafter's Choice.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/St ... y+%26+Loaf
Oh yes that the one I ordered! I thought it was bigger though.
& I ordered the pink 12 bar tray too so I can swirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back