Trying to make a more luxurious hard bar of soap and eliminate scum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewsSoaps

Reaction score
Hey,

I’m newer to bar soap and would appreciate any help that y’all had on my issues. I’ll post my recipe below in a picture. The issues I’m having is I’ve noticed my soap bars leave soap scum in the bathtub. I’m just trying to figure out if there’s a way to eliminate that or if that’s just what happens with soap. I have added citric acid, to form sodium citrate in hopes that would chelate some of the hard water, but maybe I don’t know what I’m doing there or talking about.

I’m also trying to find tweaks to my recipe to make it a more luxurious bar. If y’all have any opinions on some oils that I need to exclude/additives or even something I need to remove, I’m really just trying to work on the bubbles and I’m trying to work on the moisturization and cleansing properties. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Drew

Attachments

• IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Have you tried using a percent calculator? You can plug in your amounts and it will kick out the percent of each oil/ fat. It's hard to view a recipe written in amounts because most of us here work with percents.

Here is a calculator that works well.

Be sure to only put in the fats, you can then use the percents in lye calculator like soapmakingfriend.com. that will help with calculating the amounts of additives you need.

Latest posts

Back