Titanium Dioxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selah925

Reaction score
Can Titanium Dioxide go "bad" or "rancid" or somehow effect the quality of CP Soap? I have some titanium dioxide from 2009, that I started to use the other day, then I wasn't sure about it. My thought is that it shouldn't be any trouble at all, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure. Thanks!

I just bought some titanium dioxide but haven't used it yet because I'm not sure how to use it. Do I use it like I would my oxides or pigments?

I had heard that using titanium dioxide results in a less moisturizing bar. I've added it to my last two batches but haven't tried it yet. Just add it to the soap and mix it in.

I add it to the melted oils right before I add the lye / water solution.

Be careful how much you add as I just learned that adding too much will make your bar feel chalky! :cry:

I add it to a tiny amount of water (1 tsp of TD to 1 tsp water), stir completely, then pour that into my soap mixture after the lye water has been added. It doesn't go bad. My oil soluable one is maybe 7 years old now!!

Back