Super-Duper Loaf Slicer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
From the perspective of the casual observer it's easy to think that I'm more of an equipment manufacturer than soapmaker :D
After recently supersizing my loaf size I knew I had to make a contraption to cut the "mother loaf" into individual loaves. Here's what I came up with... what is in my opinion the most masculine piece of soapmaking equipment ever made 8) It's 3-1/2 pounds of solid stainless steel. I don't know exactly how long it took to make but it was the better part of 2 days.
I hope to get to try it out Friday.

loafslicer.jpg

The type of big loaf I'll be cutting. This was one from a week or two ago.

bigloaf.jpg

It looks so cool, but I can't figure out how it works. What's the "arm" for? I get the wire part, but I'd love to know more about how that works. Thanks!

That looks super masculine, LOL! :D I don't quite get how it works, but it looks cool! That is a lot of soap!

I’m not sure how it will work either. I am sure that you have to love anything that looks that cool and is made with that much stainless steel!! Pretty awesome.

WOW!!!! I'm guessing you use it while standing and you can use your feet to push it down through the soap? I too would love to see a video if that KING KUTTER in action.

Thanks everyone!
It works exactly like this cheese slicer. The only difference is the handle on mine runs paralell to the loaf and is meant to be used with both hands. Make sense?

Cheese%20Slicer.JPG

:shock: That is one HUGE SLAB OF SOAP!!!! I'm with newbie I can't help but wonder what that thing weighs. :shock:

Wow!! That's a lot of soap. I can’t even fathom how you mixed that great amount...do you mix it all at once? Whoa, now I'm trying to imagine what your bowl must look like...let's just say I'm in awe.

And by the way the slicer is very cool! Can't wait to see how it works!

I'm very curious how the mega cutter worked out. Please give us an update. Thanks.

It worked great! I was really surprised how little effort it took to pull through the loaf. It does take a little discipline to keep the cut perfectly straight up-and-down wise as it's easy to lift up a little, but I'm very happy with it.

Back