Soy Wax Convert!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Holy moly that stuff is amazing!!! I am so in love with this stuff🥰, definitely made a big difference. I stumbled on a post about this magical ingredient ( Thank you @KiwiMoose & @Mobjack Bay for all you words of wisdom and how to add it to the soapcalc) This and sorbitol got me to my perfect to me soap!!! I was so excited to try it I played hookey from work, made 3 small batches with a different tweak in each one. Poured into the molds like a dream! I made little itty bitties to test as they cure, 1 week in, no soggy slimy bottom’s and big fat bubbles. I almost feel like I know what I’m doing 😂

Holy moly that stuff is amazing!!! I am so in love with this stuff🥰, definitely made a big difference. I stumbled on a post about this magical ingredient ( Thank you @KiwiMoose & @Mobjack Bay for all you words of wisdom and how to add it to the soapcalc) This and sorbitol got me to my perfect to me soap!!! I was so excited to try it I played hookey from work, made 3 small batches with a different tweak in each one. Poured into the molds like a dream! I made little itty bitties to test as they cure, 1 week in, no soggy slimy bottom’s and big fat bubbles. I almost feel like I know what I’m doing 😂
Wait WHAT?! I thought the soggy bottom was normal in all handmade soap! Well, now I'm going to have to reread all the soy wax threads/posts all over again and refresh my memory as to why I haven't tried it yet.

I'd love to know which soy wax you're using and how much you used in your recipe. I'm trying to figure out if GW415 is a good replacement for palm in a recipe.

I've used four different soy waxes in my time. Only one of them seems to be internationally recognised - GW415. My recipe is:
20% SW
20%CO
10% Shea
30% RBO
10% OO
5% Avo
5% Castor

I used to use 20% each of RBO and OO, but OO, as you know, has skyrocketed in price, so I've recently changed the ratios to be more cost effective.

I've used four different soy waxes in my time. Only one of them seems to be internationally recognised - GW415. My recipe is:
20% SW
20%CO
10% Shea
30% RBO
10% OO
5% Avo
5% Castor

I used to use 20% each of RBO and OO, but OO, as you know, has skyrocketed in price, so I've recently changed the ratios to be more cost effective.
I remember that. Thank you. Can I ask what your L&L total is in your FA profile? I cannot seem to put RBO higher than 20% in any recipe without the L&L being up there in what I thought was DOS territory.

I'd love to know which soy wax you're using and how much you used in your recipe. I'm trying to figure out if GW415 is a good replacement for palm in a recipe.
Here’s the recipe I’ve been using, it’s a little “spendy” because I love the way cocoa butter and shea butter feels in my soaps. I got lucky and stocked up on cocoa butter right before it skyrocketed in price. I was thinking about swapping the cocoa for Kokum but I saw that went way up too! The recipe says gw314 but it’s really gw315, I’m just too lazy to correct it

Attachments

• IMG_0618.png
    IMG_0618.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 0
Back