Soaping this week

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny

Reaction score
What have you made or what do you plan to make this week?

I just soaped Peak Creamy Pecan Praline. yum. it's in the oven now.
smells like a cross between caramel popcorn and cappuccino.
I'm thinking it will discolor but I tried to swirl: part natural, part baking chocolate and part with a little TD.

I officially ran out of olive oil AND lye! shopping time.

I have my oils mixed for three batches. Two are for my sister, an orange EO (10x) and vanilla FO then a mojito, spearmint EO and lime EO. The other batch I keep wavering on, either Harvest Moon from Day Star or a Vanilla Spice. The Harvest Moon is strong OOB but I think it will be a really nice men's fragrance.

I've got a market on Saturday ... last one for 2011! On Sunday I'm planning to make three batches - BB natures blush FO, BB black raspberry and vanilla ... and ... either a coffee, beer or ... ... ...

My stocks are very low ... and I need to make about 30 batches, just to have some soap to sell in February ... but it's not going to happen, as I'm off to Sydney next Wednesday for a week.

I haven't made soap in almost two weeks!!! Last one I made was a Cranberry Pomegranate from BB, which turned out fabulously.

I'll probably make Woodland Elves (BB) or some fir needle next. Those kind of scents are kind of my new obsession, and there's something I love about green soap.

Am new ish to soaping (on my 12th batch) am hoping to make goatsmilk, oatmeal and honey at the weekend, or possibly one evening this week, depends how tired I am after work, I have made honey and wheatgerm in the past, but want to do the GM :)

I've got my oils measured for two batches, an OMH and an experimental avocado facial bar. I just got a shipment with new FO's from Oregon Trail, though, so even though I can't soap until this weekend and I have to finish up my Christmas shopping, I may have to do more than two. :D

I'm not sure I'm going to get anymore soap in this week I might have to wait until next week when I'm off for a week to get a few batches in.

I hope to get a batch of snickerdoodle done for one of my two biggest fans, my grandson. The boys are 3 and 4 and we made melt and pour together yesterday for the first time. They were over the edge with excitement. I got about 50 hugs. They wanted strawberry scented butterflies, frogs and ladybugs. The frogs were hot pink :)

Just did a Guinness Extra Stout....

Need to do an OMH.....

Almost out of oil....not looking forward to dropping almost $300 on a reorder......why does it all have to run out at the same time????? (Oh wait...I know.....cause I buy it that way....ARGH!)

I made a Ocean scent using a block method in the middle for a real cool tie dye effect, and used colors of a coral reef. It turned out so well that I was thrilled to try another.
The 2nd batch was Pear f/o same method, different colors. This f/o didn't work as well and make the batch almost impossible to do the block effect; but it still turned out nice.
This weekend I am going to either make Strawberry or Cherry, I haven't decided yet.

Ugh, I know how you feel about running out of everything. I JUST got my $300 order of oils in last night. Still waiting on an order from Camden but I was able to make my first Pine Tar soap yesterday - not the most fun thing to make, but I did try it out in my new PVC pipe! Before that I was making soap balls and shaping them into eggs. They look so cute!

Doing an unscented, plain coconut milk soap today and making extra so I can do a few color tests. Probably will do a Calendula Bastile this weekend.

Can't wait to get the rest of my order in and have some time after the holidays to do some serious soaping!

Last night I put away a log of Coconut Cream, this one is a special request......the coconut disapears and it jst smells more like a sweet vanilla after cure but this customer loves it :0)
Pineapple Orchid from Natures Garden and tested a newish oil from there called Perfect Man and it soaped beautifully and smells sooo good.
Today it is all unfragranced soap for curls and balls :0)

I'll be working on some vanilla coffee Soap in my log mold, probably will do it this weekend.

I have one FO left that I haven't tried and that is Goats Milk and Honey from WSP. I can't wait. Hopefully tonight if I get homework done. :D

Just finished Butt Naked form Saveonscents, white soap (TD) with light pink and purple swirls made with coconut milk 100%. Not sure how the purple is going to look, Lab colors from BB always looks different when you pour it--it has to gel to get a good purple. Just sort of looks blueish gray at this point..

I am waiting to un-mold my two batches from last night. My lime and spearmint EO, used some green oxide and sprinkled some blueberry seeds down one side in a line on the top. It soaped beautifully. My orange EO and vanilla FO seized when I added the fragrance, ugh. I was scraping it out of the bowl in pieces and smashing it into the mold. Not sure if it is going to stick together. Same recipe, not sure what was up. I have never used the 10x orange before. :(

All out but one for my plain unscented GM, so have to have that on hand all the time, just went all of a sudden. Then onto some new ones and working out what to do for the swap. :?

I plan on making my first goat milk soap ever! I froze the goat milk into ice cubes already.

Not sure what scent I will use, or color. What scents and colors go well in goat milk soaps? I have never used one. Do they smell 'goaty'? I am making it for customers that have super sensitive dry skin, got no request on what scent, just goat milk.

Spruce-Eucalptus EO for our staff of 30 environmental health science folks, Twilight series Volturi and Jacob for fun, and a Rosemary Mint sale fo from NG which smells yummy. Made a glittery holiday soap with Mistletoe and Ivy from NG, and if I run out of it at tomorrow's market may have to make more of that too! Pant pant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back