SOAPCALC results change

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure&simple

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that the results of a 'batch' on soapcalc change on you?

I play around with the % of oils that I would like to use on a batch and sometimes the results come out different on the same formulations. Does this happen to anyone else or am I seeing things?

I've had that happen too, and and figured out the batch size or lye concentration changed back to the default on me. Now I double check those each time I change anything and recalculate.

No, you're not seeing things. Every once in a blue moon the same thing happens to me, too, and for no apparent reason that I can see (my lye concentration and superfat remain the same, as well as everything else- i.e. they did not change back to SoapCalc's default on me). I don't know why that is, but I just refresh the page, type everything back in, and all is well.

IrishLass :)

When the results have changed, it is because for whatever reason, it has changed the lye:water concentration settings back to its default. Annoying, but now I know to double-check it.

Glad to know that I'm not seeing things, or my computer has a ???? in it. But I guess now I have to have less faith in soapcalc :cry:

ericllucas said:
I think soapcalc is fine you just have to pay attention to what it is doing.

Ditto.

It's still my favorite 'go-to' calculator of choice, but if it makes anyone nervous, there are other calculators out there. And if it comes down to it, you can always calaculate your lye manually.

IrishLass :)

Back