Soap wire cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbence93

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been into soap making for more than 2 years now and now I feel that I am ready to take it to the next level. For that, I would like to buy a soap wire cutter to cut my loaves into bars. Do you have any advice on this? What are the main aspects to consider in such cases? Do you think that regular items sold on Etsy/Amazon are fair enough in quality? Thanks in advance 😊

Hi! I'm using one cheese cutter and one similar wire cutter for soap in particular. Both of them relatively cheap, from Aliexpress. So far I'm satisfied. Look around on the platform, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.

Attached, you will find the 2 types I have and use

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825_174046_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240825_174046_AliExpress.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240825_174002_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240825_174002_AliExpress.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 0
For early start, just a cheese cutter will work fine. Provided you don't leave the soap for too long before cutting. Eventually you'll want a single bar cutter and then a multibar cutter. Prices go up as you upgrade so keep that in mind. My single bar cutter was about $100. My multibar cutter was about $180. Worth every penny.

The wooden cutters are cheapest but I also find them hardest to clean. Then the ones made with plastic/wood. And finally the metal ones. My multibar is a metal cutter and I wish I had gotten it first but it's not cheap. The company I bought it from went out of business but I did get it on Etsy.

You'll find most people recommend Bud's cutters. My single bar cutter came from Workshop Heritage. There are others so, if you're looking at one, you might like to come here and ask before buying. I say this because someone tried to scam me out of $150 when I tried to buy one on Etsy. Luckily Etsy was aware of what happened so instantly gave me my money back when I reported it. Apparently, they had done it to others. Both Buds and Workshop are on Etsy though, and they are trustworthy.

Back