Soap too soft

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried 100% CO soap once...don't remember the SF number but it was high. My skin did not like it. Neither did my shower walls...our hard water produced a lot of soap scum for the walls and I always wondered if it was also leaving soap scum on my skin at the same time! LOL
I live in a hard water area as well. No 100%CO for me!!!

Yup, soap scum... sometimes even with sodium citrate/citric acid in the soap, it's still there. As long as the water is hard and there's high humidity in the bathroom (when it's used in a dry place scum doesn't form from what I've seen, but YMMV).
We live in the high desert and the only time there is moisture in the bath is when the shower is running full tilt! Which is why I went to 2% SF. It still forms a bit of soap scum but takes longer to form. That's the place where my skin feels clean but not drying. And I don't have the feeling that I didn't rinse off enough. Like you said, YMMV for just about anything that pertains to soap! LOL

We live in the high desert and the only time there is moisture in the bath is when the shower is running full tilt! Which is why I went to 2% SF. It still forms a bit of soap scum but takes longer to form. That's the place where my skin feels clean but not drying. And I don't have the feeling that I didn't rinse off enough. Like you said, YMMV for just about anything that pertains to soap! LOL
You said it! Whatever works for me often doesn't for you, and vice versa - soap is a mystery lol

Back