Soap on a stick!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADQKD5

Reaction score
Hello all!!! I’m not technically new here, but this is my first time posting! 🤣🤣 I’ve been lurking in all the post trying to absorb as much knowledge as I could until I became brave enough to make my very own batch of CP soap!!! Well today was the day!! I finally did it!!! Everything was going SUPERB!!! Until I went to blend my lye water with my oils and booom just like that my soap seized 😫😫😫. I was so confused as to what I did wrong and then it hit me like a ton of bricks I got to happy with my stick blender I mean I was blending that stuff like I was whipping up a batch of body butter 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Lesson learned! I’m still just so excited and proud of myself for making my first batch of CP soap!

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg
    988.3 KB
👏👏👏 Congrats — on both your first batch and also on recognizing an issue! I'll bet it will look fine when you cut it. BTW, there are a number of reasons for soap batter to accelerate; here is one succinct article about it (with a video demo as well), and I know you can find lots more info right here on the forum. 🍀

👏👏👏 Congrats — on both your first batch and also on recognizing an issue! I'll bet it will look fine when you cut it. BTW, there are a number of reasons for soap batter to accelerate; here is one succinct article about it (with a video demo as well), and I know you can find lots more info right here on the forum. 🍀
Thank you so much! And thank you so much for the article I’m about to go indulge myself in it before I take another attempt at making a new batch, lol. I was just so excited to finally be making CP soap that my brain was like LETS DO THIS!!!! 😅😅🤣🤣 This is a bit off topic, but since I’m here maybe you can help 😅. The recipe I used was from a book. I would like to eventually start making my own or tweaking ones from all my books to personalize them… But I can’t figure out the soap calc to save my life! I for some reason get so confused & lost in translation.

I can still recall how confusing the soap calcul@tor seemed at the beginning, but you can get past that stage with a little guidance and some practice. Plus, it’s important to double check published recipes because they sometimes have typos or other issues that are hard to catch without running the recipe through a calculator. I no longer use SoapCalc, but it’s a perfectly good calculator and is featured in a number of tutorials, such as this one that I think is done well:

Latest posts

Back