SMF October 2024 Entry Thread - Knit and Flannel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Entry thread for the October 2024 SMF Soap Challenge is now open!

As a reminder, this entry thread is for challenge entries only. All comments or non-entry photos should to the general challenge thread:

October 2024 General Challenge Thread

The first photo in your entry thread post will be used as the entry photo for voting. The photo must include two bars, and should show the flannel or knit design. Additional photos showing your process are welcome. The two bars should be from the same batch. Please refer to the competition rules in the general challenge thread if you have any questions about the challenge requirements. All entries are subject to these deadlines:

* The entry thread will close on October 25th at 11:59 PM GMT.
* Voting information will be emailed to all eligible participants shortly thereafter.
* The voting survey will remain open until October 28th at 11:59 PM GMT, or until all votes are in, whichever is sooner.
* The winner will be announced by October 30th by 11:59 PM GMT.

Good luck everyone! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with.

Here is my (very basic) entry, which was created using an inexpensive impression mat from Michaels. It was a little too wide for my mold, but I didn't want to cut it. Instead, I wrapped it up one side of the mold just a bit. If I had time to try again, I would have centered it in the bottom of the mold and had two rounded edges instead of one. I also would have experimented more with using a fork to create a knitted texture, which was a lot of fun! But, I'm in the midst of a rather long trip, so this was all I had time to do. As you can see, it was photographed while still soft, and with the vanillin discoloration rind from the OMH FO just beginning -- and while the car was packed and DH was waiting for me to come out so we could leave on our trip. 😁 I think it looks like pound cake! 😋😋

IMG_2920.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back