Resin soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pastel

Reaction score
IMG_3225.jpeg
Hello everyone
I love making resin soaps because the scent stays in the soap after curing it in a nice and light way
Frankincense Resin Soap

How did you incorporate the resin into the soap? I have frankincense resin but I have no idea what to do with it, apart from burning it.
You can dissolve it in hot water and it will dissolve easily, or cold water overnight and it is preferable to grind it in a coffee grinder..Or dissolve it in oil after grinding it in a steam bath and at a low temperature for at least 4 hours..There are different types of frankincense.. The best and most expensive is the Omani type, its grains are small, white, soft and have a very strong and beautiful smell (the Omani type is used internally as a popular treatment for cough as an aqueous solution, and to perfume and purify the mouth it is chewed as gum, and incense of course, it is also famous for caring for mature skin and tightening it. You can make a simple aqueous solution of frankincense in a small amount and put it in the refrigerator and wipe your skin with this solution, it needs moisturizing after it.

I believe they are indeed resins (or gums). But essential oils are made from them and I guess this a more conventional form to use in soap making. Which form did you use ? Resin or essential oil ? If you know of a way to use the resin form, I interested to know how ;)

You can dissolve it in hot water and it will dissolve easily, or cold water overnight and it is preferable to grind it in a coffee grinder..Or dissolve it in oil after grinding it in a steam bath and at a low temperature for at least 4 hours..There are different types of frankincense.. The best and most expensive is the Omani type, its grains are small, white, soft and have a very strong and beautiful smell (the Omani type is used internally as a popular treatment for cough as an aqueous solution, and to perfume and purify the mouth it is chewed as gum, and incense of course, it is also famous for caring for mature skin and tightening it. You can make a simple aqueous solution of frankincense in a small amount and put it in the refrigerator and wipe your skin with this solution, it needs moisturizing after it.
Sorry, I didn't see your answer before posting ;) It sounds like you use resins. I didn't know it was that easy to dissolve ! I want to try that now.

كيف قمت بدمج الراتينج في الصابون؟ لدي راتينج اللبان ولكن ليس لدي أي فكرة عما يمكنني فعله به، باستثناء حرقه.

Essential oils are not readily available, but resins (gum) are abundant in their natural form and are commonly used, unlike essential oils.

I believe they are indeed resins (or gums). But essential oils are made from them and I guess this a more conventional form to use in soap making. Which form did you use ? Resin or essential oil ? If you know of a way to use the resin form, I interested to know how ;)
Essential oils are not readily available, but resins (gum) are abundant in their natural form and are commonly used, unlike essential oils.

I use resins in my soaps all the time. I try to use the resins instead of the essential oils. There is debate about whether the beneficial aspects of a resin actually come out in the essential oil, especially with frankincense. Depending on what you are using, the resins are either wholly oil soluble or partially. Pine resin dissolves completely whereas dragons blood and most frankincense types have a water soluble component.

I usually infuse my oils before making the soap in a 1:3 ratio of resin:eek:il. Use an oil that takes heat well like tallow. A hot water bath works great.

I also make beard balms and healing salves using this method. I regularly use pine resin, myrhh, frankincense, and dragons blood.

This has been enlightening for me. Other than pine resin, I was not aware of the other items that could come as resin form. Thanks for educating me. :hippo:
Oh boy. Your eyes a out to be opened to a whole new world! Check out Apothecary's Garden. He has a plethora of items. I use him a lot. As a disclaimer I am not getting anything my recommending his site.

https://apothecarysgarden.com/collections

I use resins in my soaps all the time. I try to use the resins instead of the essential oils. There is debate about whether the beneficial aspects of a resin actually come out in the essential oil, especially with frankincense. Depending on what you are using, the resins are either wholly oil soluble or partially. Pine resin dissolves completely whereas dragons blood and most frankincense types have a water soluble component.

I usually infuse my oils before making the soap in a 1:3 ratio of resin:eek:il. Use an oil that takes heat well like tallow. A hot water bath works great.

I also make beard balms and healing salves using this method. I regularly use pine resin, myrhh, frankincense, and dragons blood.

This is true, myrrh or frankincense do not dissolve completely in oil.While they dissolve in water.Do you mean that the resin ratio is 3?Thank you for sharing your experience 😍

Also, myrrh is considered in ancient times to be a natural antibiotic used for wounds and disinfection, and it is also taken internally for the same purpose. The best type is the one that is pure amber and has no blackness.

Wow! Thank you for starting this thread, @Pastel. And thank you for the Apothecary’s Garden link, @Jarrett Clay.
I have full quart size jars of myrrh powder and frankincense powder that I just rediscovered in my soap room next to the sandalwood powder. They have been down there for 20 years! I saw them Saturday and wondered how I would use them in soap. Guess what I’m going to make this week? 😊

Wow! Thank you for starting this thread, @Pastel. And thank you for the Apothecary’s Garden link, @Jarrett Clay.
I have full quart size jars of myrrh powder and frankincense powder that I just rediscovered in my soap room next to the sandalwood powder. They have been down there for 20 years! I saw them Saturday and wondered how I would use them in soap. Guess what I’m going to make this week? 😊
The sandalwood probably wouldn't dissolve but it would give you an excellent aroma and mild exfoliating!

The sandalwood probably wouldn't dissolve but it would give you an excellent aroma and mild exfoliating!
Is there a place where I can buy real, natural sandalwood that is not mixed with other woods or powders that I don't know what they are 🤷🏻‍♀️ I found a kilo of sandalwood in a store for $10, I don't think real sandalwood is really that cheap! So I think it's fake

It would be my pleasure 😊

Latest posts

Back