remodeling ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigishiree

Reaction score
Hiya I'm new to the forum but been lurking for ages. In fact I just finished reading all 300 plus pages of this forum....(and needless to say im more in love with soaping than ever and am so very consumed with it - even more so than baking!)

anywho----my SO has been promising me a new kitchen for the past year and that day has finally arrived! :p I was having my doubts but yesterday out of the blue he popped over with a measuring tape and notepad and we're heading to the harware store tomorrow.

So my question to you guys - what would you include to create the perfect soaping dream kitchen? The space is 15X15 with 9 foot ceilings.

Let me hear your thoughts or see your inspiration photos!!!!

TX

Sorry this is so longwinded Im so excited!

Oh, you lucky girl! My only thought for you (and this is coming from a person who has always made due with very little space) is that using your wall space from floor to ceiling is a very good way to maximize your space. I'm thinking shelving from IKEA (or wherever). Lots of bars of curing soap and oils and stuff to be stored. Have fun with it! :D

Lots of shelves for supplies! Cupboards. Maybe one that you could lock up for the lye ect. Counter space. Fun!! I am planning a soap shop too! It is built just need to get my husband to finish it. :D

tx sudsy and jezzy!

Im most def going floor to ceiling with cabinets, LOTS of shelves and frosted glass doors so I can see my stuff but its protected from dust and my kids fingerprints/noses.

Im thinking about something like this but in warmer colors :

[url="http://www.kraftmaid.com/Id...w.kraftmaid.com/IdeasandInspir ... lse&shape=[/url]

but in this color family

http://www.kraftmaid.com/IdeasandIn...4f2a-abf1-c9b5dc067e18&iskitchen=False&shape=

Im going to install my old cabinets in the garage...... and eventually use it as a hobby room. i also sew, knit n make polymer ornaments and jewelry. My house is a tiny cottage and my various supplies are crammed in every single closet, corner, nook and cranny. Its quite embarassing sometimes.

I love those inspiration kitchens...especially the first one.
Good luck with your remodeling.

gigishiree said:
Hiya I'm new to the forum but been lurking for ages. In fact I just finished reading all 300 plus pages of this forum....(and needless to say im more in love with soaping than ever and am so very consumed with it - even more so than baking!)

anywho----my SO has been promising me a new kitchen for the past year and that day has finally arrived! :p I was having my doubts but yesterday out of the blue he popped over with a measuring tape and notepad and we're heading to the harware store tomorrow.

So my question to you guys - what would you include to create the perfect soaping dream kitchen? The space is 15X15 with 9 foot ceilings.

TX

OMG! I'm sooo jealous! (Picture me on the floor, drumming my heels, green and frothing at the mouth) :lol:

Those are gorgeous looking and I don't blame you for being excited. I'd be excited, too. BTW, a belated welcome to the forum. :D

Hazel said:
gigishiree said:

TX

OMG! I'm sooo jealous! (Picture me on the floor, drumming my heels, green and frothing at the mouth) :lol:

Those are gorgeous looking and I don't blame you for being excited. I'd be excited, too. BTW, a belated welcome to the forum. :D

THANK YOU! its all ive been able to think about! i dont know if i'll be able to take all the construction tho. we're taking out a wall to add room so theres gonna be dust and debris galore for awhile. i'll just have to grin and bear the chaos or find ways to occupy my time. last night i was up at 3am so i make soap.

wish i could post pics but i lost my camera charger :x and since upgrading to windows 7 it wont let me sync my cell phone to my pc. :evil:

you lucky gal! I would say definitely a pantry. I have a small one, and I really like it, in fact I wish it were bigger.

xraygrl said:
you lucky gal! I would say definitely a pantry. I have a small one, and I really like it, in fact I wish it were bigger.

That's an excellent suggestion. I inserted a shelving unit into a hallway closet to make a "pantry". It's okay but I sure wish I had a large pantry.

Welcome gigishiree!!! Where on earth did you find your avatar? TOOOOO FUNNNNYYYYY! Good luck on your remodel. We did a major remodel in 2004; even lived with dirt floors for a few months. But I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable, fun times of my life. I'd do it again in a heart beat. I hope yours goes smoothly and you have a ball! So exciting being able to design exactly what you want. Hope you get your camera working, too!

THANKS for all the warm welcomes and suggestions. A pantry and taking the cabinets all the way to the ceiling areboth high on my list of must haves.....along with the double oven and the mother of all gas stoves!

Bakingnana - my daughter found the avatar for me. lol she says thats how i am my work day progresses! ( i work from home)

OMG! I only noticed the first part of the avatar with just the typing. I guess I scrolled down too quickly.

Love it! especially the eyeballs :lol: (Yes, I have been told many times I have a sick sense of humor.)

Back