Pumpkin embed molds???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syd Kahn

Reaction score
Planning ahead - need to make pumpkin spice soaps now for the cure to be over by fall.

Got the crazy idea to stick little pumpkins on the top of the soaps (and IN clear MP soap bars). Having all kinds of trouble finding a small embed-size mold to make them in the price range for me <$8

Checked Hobby Lobby already (I hate going there I always find/buy stuff I don't need)

I have 3D printers - could print the mold If I hafta - but it's even harder to find a 3D model file.

What kind of mold exactly? Round?

I have something like these from Walmart. Can't remember if it was Walmart or Dollar Tree I got mine from. They should have them in the baking aisle. Though we're getting closer so they may have moved them to seasonal.

1723177556845.png

If you're willing to pay a bit more, you can consider this from Van Yulay.

https://www.vanyulay.com/product/si...s-pumpkin-embeds-7-cavity-silicone-mold-1808/

Last edited:
I kind of changed my mind - I downloaded some clip art and plan to create a half-size (2oz?) soap mold in Tinkercad to print it on my 3d printer... If one works, I will make a few more molds and put the STL file here - just in case someone has 3D and wants to try it out... Plan on gifting the bars to everyone 'round Thanksgiving (unless I get a bug stuck in my craw and do an HP batch...)

Wish me luck - it will take longer to make the mold than the soap to put in it... But that's why I have the hobby...

Why would that change when you are gifting it?

Won't 3D printing result in a rigid mold? If so, how to you plan to get the soap out of the mold?
Can't wait to see what you come up with!
About the change - You know when you have that money burning a hole in your pocket - an Idea burning a hole in my brain is way worse - or waiting for a CP soap curing in the closet is about the same... Will test with MP then graduate to CP...

TPU is a flexible filament - but I have printed a few soap molds with it - not nearly as flexible as a Silicone mold. It's what got me started in this crazy soapy hobby in the first place. I have this incredible need to know everything - and making soap is a very deep rabbit hole full of incredibly talented people making some incredible soaps - my favorite at the moment is the pull-through soaps... WOW- Sorry, I am rambling...

The red thing is the mold I printed that made this soap (melt and pour) -=- the other is a mold I made for my daughter-in-law's store...
catspaw soap.jpg
smaller soap size.JPG

One of my absolute favorite soap makers. I wish I lived in the UK. She has a bunch of molds and stuff I want to buy from her.
She offers free worldwide shipping for orders over $100 US - which isn’t hard to do on her site! Those pumpkin molds are tempting me for sure.

She offers free worldwide shipping for orders over $100 US - which isn’t hard to do on her site! Those pumpkin molds are tempting me for sure.
Maybe that amount has changed? The website says free UK shipping for 100 pounds sterling purchases and free worldwide shipping for 275 pounds purchases, I converted that to USD and it’s $359.92 😳. I love her moulds but they are 40 pounds which converts to 52.35. Not a purchase I will be making anytime soon. ☹️

I probably just didn't notice the # sign on my phone screen. Yeah, not happening unless I'm traveling in the UK and she lets me pick it up from her so I can put it in my suitcase!
Me too! Even the price for the moulds are high, but I’m guessing they are worth it? I would love to have the horse head, reaching cat and the dog. Probably a few more too. 😬

Back