Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughters Boyfriend is proposing to my daughter this weekend. Ive known about it for 2 months. It was supposed to happen in late October but he kept getting mandatory overtime. They finally went on the little trip this morning. they drove to Northern MN where he was going to propose at a tower they visited on their first trip together, and its closed. My daughter is messaging saying her boyfriend is upset its closed and asking if I can google other activities. She has no idea why he is upset and I have kept this secret for so long that im scrambling to try and find something romantic and casually suggest it so she doesnt figure it out. I finally sent them to the lift bridge thats lit up golden at night and now I wait...

My daughters Boyfriend is proposing to my daughter this weekend. Ive known about it for 2 months. It was supposed to happen in late October but he kept getting mandatory overtime. They finally went on the little trip this morning. they drove to Northern MN where he was going to propose at a tower they visited on their first trip together, and its closed. My daughter is messaging saying her boyfriend is upset its closed and asking if I can google other activities. She has no idea why he is upset and I have kept this secret for so long that im scrambling to try and find something romantic and casually suggest it so she doesnt figure it out. I finally sent them to the lift bridge thats lit up golden at night and now I wait...
So exciting!!! I remember when my SIL proposed to my daughter. I went with him when he was shopping for the ring and also had to keep the secret. He had a special weekend planned and had rented a cozy cabin in northern MN. I can't remember what happened - I think it was double booked - and they ended up driving back to our house. He proposed in our driveway in the wee hours of the morning.

Well its done, he set up a tripod to take pics of them and the bridge on a timer he said "For cute, non selfie" pics and he set the time, ran over to her and got on one knee with the bridge in the background just in time for the camera to click. he has champagne waiting back at the suite he rented that he didnt tell her about till just now. they were planning on staying at his aunts house as far as she knew.. whew. I have not told her I already knew, thats his secret to tell.

Congratulations, msunnerstood. Wow, both you and dibbles are the types of moms any son-in-law would love to have, it would seem! I only have sons, so I don't know what that's like. I do seem to have a very good relationship with my daughter-in-law though, so I am grateful for that.

So, did she say yes? I am assuming she did, but one should never assume.

I am always happy to hear of young ones getting married/engaged . And I always pray that they have the wisdom to keep that happiness going even in the bad times.
May they have MANY MANY YEARS of joy !!!

Thank you both. Yes, she said Yes! He's a really good guy. (and Im over protective so he has to be to get that rating) Ive told every boy she's dated that if I ever had to come pick up my daughter because of something they did to her, that they'd never find their body but that I would pretend to look for him. He didnt flinch and told me he would expect nothing else.

nani.jpg nani2.jpg

Happy that I watched the news this morning to see that the rain/sleet thursday into Friday. And planned today accordingly for chores.

My baby boy said his name today! I named him Dustin..... When I asked him today he answered "Dahtin" hehehe

Went to church this morning for the 1st time in years. DD's friend goes there and that is where I did the fair on Saturday. Then had coffee and snacks and put tickets in boxes for raffles.

I still have a full week of PTO left for the year, so with the Christmas and New Year holidays, I will have close to two full weeks off work! Plus they gave me 5 more days for next year, for a total of 30 days of PTO :D

:winner: Congrats Dustin !! :)

Happy.... I think I got everything done and put away for the Winter weather that is coming tonight

Proper made me laugh that emoji.

@Dawni how old is he? iv got a niece shes 2 in feb next year so about 22 months now, she is so demanding i dont get to see her very often because my sister and brother in law live an hour and half drive and they both work full time so kinda difficult to work round them with my limited funds. But i would do literally ANYTHING for that kid and to make her happy. My sister got married in august and they had a very small wedding in a place called gretna green if you havnt heard of it its just on the border of england and scotland and is famous for thw amount of places to get married there is probably more history about it than i am aware of but anyways. When they got married as they were saying thier vows my niece decided to try pull open a window while i was holding her so i pulled her away and we headbutted each other lmao well she wasnt best impressed and started crying right in the middle of them saying thier vows just my luck to be the one to cause that at that very moment. When i do see her she is at the age where she enjoys lots of interaction and play time and well iv been told i connect on the same level but im happy if shes happy. Sorry went off topic a bit there but i suppose she is what makes me happy. Cant wait to see her over Christmas technically her second but last year she didnt understand as well as she will this year

My happy is my retro pay hit my bank account today. My bonus is a huge chunk of change (will be paid out after Christmas though) and my raise was a significant amount. I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel with getting out of debt and being able to afford retirement when it comes. It's such a relief to have that feeling.

Also, only 3 more full working days before I'm on a 3 week vacation with still carrying over 10 paid days off into the new year.
Yes, this job comes with high stress, however, the benefits I have here far outweigh the stress I feel. :)

Latest posts

Back