Palm Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm doing organic, responsibly sourced cold processed soap. I've come up with a formula that has Palm Oil in it, the description reads:

"In addition to organic certification, this palm fruit oil option carries RSPO Certification, otherwise known as Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, guaranteeing the sustainability and traceability of the palm oil production throughout the supply chain. RSPO-IP (Identity Preserved) certification is one of four certification levels offered by the RSPO and carries the highest and strongest level of sustainable guarantee with traceability of each lot of palm oil back to the field of origin. With Identify Preserved sustainable palm oil, the entire batch of palm oil is from a single identifiable certified source and kept separate from all non-certified batches."

Palm Oil is considered a "dirty word" to many people will they bother to read or is it still considered bad?

Those with an open mind will continue to read on. Those with a kneejerk reaction to palm oil will likely not read any further.

If you sell online, you might want to write a blog or post a statement why you support responsible palm oil.

I use RSPO palm oil in my soap. Most people aren't aware/don't care about the negative effects palm oil farming. The few that do raise their eyebrows usually allow me the opportunity to explain my position and choices. Ultimately, it's up to your customers to decide whether responsible palm oil is significant to them, and you can't change everyone's minds.

Also you have a typo — "With Identify Preserved sustainable palm oil, the entire..." Not that I'm the typo police, just pointing out incase you copied the statement from somewhere like your website or label, etc.

Back