Newbie Here =)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeakie

Reaction score
I've been a lurker, soaking up all the experience and wisdom here and finally signed up on the forum :). I have a few batches of soap (HP) under my belt, some more successful than others, and I'm hooked, lol. My style thus far is more rustic, natural soaps - I don't ever foresee myself being a swirly twirly soaper, but love seeing the art that some soapers put out there.

I've also come to the conclusion that you all are very smart and creative! I'm looking forward to learning more about this very satisfying science/art of soap making!

1599701667133.png

Welcome, @Squeakie ! Your soaps are beautiful, simple and elegant. I also started out with no colorants and designs but am now, how you say, swirly twirly. :)
Also I didn't even notice the book until @Jersey Girl mentioned it, I'll have to check it out now.
I agree, all the smart peeps here have helped me immensely.
What I love about soaping is that it engages both my science/math mind and my creative side. Keep us posted and we love pics!

Welcome to the forum. Don't be too sure you won't be tempted to do some swirly twirly soap. As you gain experience, you may want to broaden your horizons.

I've been a lurker, soaking up all the experience and wisdom here and finally signed up on the forum :). I have a few batches of soap (HP) under my belt, some more successful than others, and I'm hooked, lol. My style thus far is more rustic, natural soaps - I don't ever foresee myself being a swirly twirly soaper, but love seeing the art that some soapers put out there.

I've also come to the conclusion that you all are very smart and creative! I'm looking forward to learning more about this very satisfying science/art of soap making!

View attachment 49415
I felt the same way about being an "swirly twirly" soaper. For over a decade I had only done natural colored soaps, but this summer I started playing with mica colors and now I'm hooked LOL. As I tell all of my friends who are leaning toward a more natural lifestyle, it is a slippery slope and before you know it you are all in hahaha 😂 Soap making seems to work the same way 🤣

Latest posts

Back