Newbie From Missouri USA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphygirl63

Reaction score
Hi, all

I am researching all the info I can before I make my first batch of soap. I love to cook and my physique shows it....lol. I thought I would try soap making as a creative outlet as an alternative to cooking food! lol

I cook as an outlet for creativity so I thought that maybe soap making would be a perfect.

I am currently reading the Natural Soap Book by Susan Cavitch.

In my lurking/researching I have to say that it appears that the soap making community is a very friendly & supportive one. It seems that people are willing to freely share their expertise which is quite refreshing.

I'm sure I will have many more quesitons even before I even make my first batch and a WHOLE bunch after my first batch.......:)

Kelly

Hi Kelly,
Where are you in Missouri? I'm in Bolivar and there are many others from Missouri here too, I guess we're just a soapy bunch :D
Glad you're here!

Hi Kelly!

You sure will be able to apply some of your creative cooking skills to soapmaking, whether it be by creating recipes or designing how you want your soap to look.

Happy that you have joined us!

Jude :)

Hello and welcome Kelly. We used to visit Rolla a lot when DW's parents lived there years ago.

Your cooking pass time will shift to a soap'n addiction before you know it. Have fun.
emot91-1.gif

Thanks, everyone! I think I'm going to have a blast and don't doubt at all that it will become addicitive.

I'm located outside of Saint Louis and smack in the middle of two areas called High Ridge & House Springs.

I was just in Rolla couple of weekends ago. I transported 3 rescued dogs from Saint Louis to Rolla for a journey that took one to Arizona, one to New Mexico & one to San Diego. It was pretty cool. They respectively started their journey's in KY & ID. Two of the dogs were going to their forever homes and one (an old beagle) was going to a beagle rescue to be fostered. Hmmm - can you tell what my other passion is? I had never done of these but it was great - you still get to help but there is no temptation to add just one more to the pack at home!

Again, thanks for the warm words!

Kelly

Welcome Kelly, if you enjoy creative cooking, you will enjoy soapmaking! Good luck to you on your first go at it.

Latest posts

Back