New from Arizona

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessAZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been a creeper of these forums for quite a long time:thumbup:. I absolutely love the advice and discussions in these forums, so I decided to finally sign up.

I am a full time pre-med student and I do autopsies for a living. I also enjoy making homemade soaps, and have been doing it for a year. I had to make soap for a chemistry assignment, and I was hooked. Now I am constantly filling my cupboards with random supplies and writing down new ideas. My friends and family love my soaps, and I have been offered to sell at local farmers markets, but I am not quite ready to take that step yet.

My latest batches were goats milk pumpkin puree with pumpkin spice and two dots of activated charcoal because I wanted to experiment with it, and a goats milk/oatmeal/honey soap with honey drizzle. I fell in love with my pumpkin puree soap, I do not think I could ever make a batch to match it, though I will try. Now I am addicted to fruit puree soaps and I am planning a strawberry one for this weekend.

My least favorite bars were salt bars. They weeped so bad from the Arizona monsoon (go figure, I make a salt soap, and the rain comes that week out of a year, bad humidity) and they were a pain to work with. I may need to refine the recipe and try it again when I feel like wasting coconut oil lol.

I only do crockpot HP. Im far too impatient for CP, though when I need a soap to stay beautiful with goats milk, I might have to suck it up.

I look forward to getting to know everyone, and every now and then I may pick some brains, if that's ok.

Pumpkin3.jpg
oatmeal1.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes!

Seawolfe- since I do HP, it's near impossible to swirl, so I took a small amount of the finished gel, put some activated charcoal in it and rolled it into little balls. I laid a layer of the uncolored gel, sprayed with alcohol and pushed the dot in halfway up the dot, settled it, sprayed the dot area with alcohol, then laid the rest of the gel and settled it. The only problem I found doing it like that is the spacing. I hand cut, so some pieces had beautiful dots, and others had none. Next time I'll have to try long strings of the colored soap to lay in, so all the pieces have it.

Tklechat- I'm in mesa. You are in the pretty part of arizona haha.

Latest posts

Back