Need some help..or just a suggestion

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanieB

Reaction score
I'm looking for a recipe that will give me a white bar..i'm wanting to do peppermint for Christmas. I also would like some input for a deep red color..I would like to keep it natural if possible. Love all the advice you all have shared. Thanks everyone!

Start out by using light color oils. For example, if you made a 100% coconut oil bar with a 20% superfat, it would be very white.

You could also use titanium dioxide to whiten your soap batter. But if you're striving for "natural," that's probably not what you have in mind.

Red - if you want a true red, you'll probably have to go with an artificial color - a mica would be best if you plan to swirl. If burgundy is acceptable, you could try an oxide or clay. Carmine is supposed to make a nice deep red but I've never tried it. And dead bugs that have been boiled in chemicals are a little too natural for me. :D

Infused paprika gives me from a peach to a deep brick red depending on how much I use.

For a very very white bar, I use 100% CO 20%SF with 50% sea salt. The type sea salt I use is white of course.

Madder root mixed in at trace gives a gorgeous red, but it does bleed so you have to let friends know to rinse wash cloths.
I'm still on the search for a natural red that doesn't bleed. Looking forward to trying sandalwood powder next!

Latest posts

Back