Need Help with my bathbombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraftsLover

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Been working on attempting to make some bath bombs for the first time, I've tried 3 different batches and they all seem to just sink and seem damp. Ive left them out for a total of 3 hours on my first batch and they were a total dud. For my second batch, I believe I may have done too much oil and left them to dry for 8 hours and they would just sink in the bottom of the tub. My 3rd batch is better, I followed my ingredients to the exact gram, and i let them dry for close to 10 hours and they still were very damp but after putting them in my oven on dehydrate they deformed but actually worked when i still tried them. Im not sure what it is that I am messing up, I will list the ingredients below :

100 g of Baking Soda
50 g of Citric Acid
25g of cornstarch
25g of Epsom Salt
2 tbsp of Coconut oil (melted)
1/4 of Vanilla Fragerance
A few drop of coloring

For my 2nd and 3rd bacth, I added the Citric Acid last, Thank you so much for the help!

Epsom salt can be tricky to add to bath bombs, bc it draws moisture from the air and will keep your bombs damp (which can activate your CA and cause bumps). When I want to add salt, I use sea salt instead.

Latest posts

Back