Nature Garden's best scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
for the first time, i am going to try shopping for some FOs at NG. what are your favorites if you don't mind sharing. thank you!

I have bought many many FOs from them over the years and to be honest I can't think of a single one that I really disliked. Even the ones that weren't necessarily my cup of tea, I have never been disappointed in the quality.

HTH

I've only gotten about 15 scents from ng; and I prefer the fresh, or green scents (no matter where I get them).

Fresh bamboo was my favorite...and of the six people who smelled it, they all loved it too. The other faves were sweet grass and green clover and aloe.

My favorites are:

Burgundy rose, really nice if you like rose but want some thing different.
Cucumber Wasabi Cilantro, one of my all time favorites.

Ones I don't care for much:
Bay rum, I disliked it so much I resold it
Ginger lime, not too bad but it morphed some in CP. Smells like a cheap white tea & ginger

Bite me is nice. Their chai tea is the best I have found. Coconut lime verbena is a family favorite. Their mt. Dew type is a favorite with the kids. I have a bunch more I haven't had time to soap. Their honeycomb smell nothing like honey but is a nice floral garden scent the didn't accelerate. Root beer is ok but morphs to licorice.

Natures Garden scents: Its a Hippy Christmas and Fresh Linen are both nice and soap well.

Do not get: Honey Dew Melon. It smells like vomit with a slight tinge of melon. I keep walking by my soap and think something has spoiled. I soaped with it twice with different recipes and both smell awful. OOB it is nice, but not so much in soap.

I am not to crazy about most of their fo's, but Werewolf if very nice and very popular for me. Mango Sorbet is a fantastic fo, but does not soap worth a darn. Great in lotions and bath bombs. Their Dragon's Blood and Egyptian Dragon are both weak fo's for my customer base. Cool water holds and soaps very well, in fact, it is the best Cool Water type I have found. Morning Glory and Honeysuckle is a good seller for me also. With the Werewolf I up the percentage to 7% and it holds much better

I have to second Hippy Christmas, it is so unique and really holds in CP. I have only ordered from them once, and they have some fragrances that are not going to stick in CP. I found their Nag Champa to be gone upon cutting the soap, and the scent wasn't very pleasant out of the bottle, not even close to the Nag Champa I have purchased elsewhere.

I just soaped up some shaving soap tonight with Cubans and Cognac and liked the scent. Not sure how it will hold up, but it smells real nice now. Time will tell.

I have probably bought enough FO to last me a year but I'm with lenarenee, the clover and green aloe really stands out to me as a favorite. I'm praying it retains it scent in the soap.

Cindy, my clover and aloe was one of the first I used - it's 6 months old, and the scent has faded some, but still there. I don't think it will scent skin much. However! For a 1lb soap, I used only 1/2 ounce.

Also, I used it for my first swirl; divided batter into two, added French green clay and spirulina to one, and did an in the pot swirl. I was a rank beginner, so I'd have to say that the fo didn't accelerate.

Thanks so much for the info. I've added it to my EO/FO notebook. I've tried to purchase mainly "behaving" scents from what I've read on reviews, but I appreciate, and trust the insight from the membership here more.

thank you so much guys! yes, i really like it too that they reviewed every FO, the behaviour and so on. there is a local guy here who sells imported FOs, and i just found out that his stock came from NG. i really like the ones i bought so far from him, so i'm going to buy straight from the source this time :) NG's prices are quite okay too.

I use quite a lot of NG's FO's. Some of my favorites and best sellers are: Hummingbird, Perfect Man, Peach Magnolia Raspberry, Teakwood & Cardamom, Anjou Pear Blossom, China Rain, Bite Me, Eucalyptus Mint, Balsam & Cedar, Almond (Cherry Almond), Love Spell, Fruity Rings, Indian Sandalwood (soap, roll on perfume & solid perfume balm) and Lick Me All Over. There are others but hese are what sell best for me. Also, they all pretty much behave in my recipes.

Hi Seven!
My 3 favorites from NG are Capri Olivio, Boston Tea Party, and Narcissist. All soap well and smell strong at 0.5oz ppo, AND retain the scent months after curing :)

My VERY favorite is *Teakwood cardamom it's so beautiful for men or women and smells expensive.
*Agave Lime-really nice
*Cognac and Cubans does not smell like either one of those things but smells so wonderfully clean, I really like it. *Apple orchard is a good apple scent. And *Caribbean is a wonderful pineapple coconut but gets dark in CP.

I really didn't care for Vanilla Oak, smells like horrible, cheap baby powder.. And Ruby red grapefruit smells like BO or Cat pee.. Can't decide which. Spearmint and Eucalyptus does not smell like either, not sure why they even call it that.

So far, I've used Coconut Lime Verbena and Cappuccino ...both have held up well!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making App....love this app!

Back