Natural Soap Rests

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomahtashi

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the hand-crafted soap world! Has anyone had good experience with using coconut coir or walnut as soap rests?

Attachments

• Dishscrub_2000x.png
    Dishscrub_2000x.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Soap gathers inside the little grooves. And they get moldy. Same with any wooden ones. You'll be replacing them every few months. Maybe more.
Do you rinse them out every week or so, and they still end up moldy? Do you currently use another type of soap rest?

Last edited:
This is my favorite soap holder for the shower because it stays put on the wall.

For soap next to the sink I use single ribbed holders like these. Or a two-piece holder like this one, which can be layered with an oval holder like this one on the top to ensure that the soap drains.

The woven mats have not worked well for me. The wet soap drains into them and congeals.
I’ll check those out. I figured the other “soap savers” gave a nice touch to the aesthetic. Also, I’m staying away from plastic products as much as possible

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back