Nail oil with water? How does this possibly work?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This nail oil has water in it and no emulsifier and, to me, very little preservative.
How do you make this work?

Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Water, Pentylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Urea, Disodium Phosphate, Citric Acid, Biotin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, CI 15510

This product has five preservatives: pentylene glycol, disodium phosphate, citric acid, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate. Preservatives are typically used at very low rates, so seeing even one of them at the end of the ingredient list is quite normal.

The disodium phosphate also works as an emulsifier.

This product has five preservatives: pentylene glycol, disodium phosphate, citric acid, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate. Preservatives are typically used at very low rates, so seeing even one of them at the end of the ingredient list is quite normal.

The disodium phosphate also works as an emulsifier.
Thanks @AliOop. I always appreciate your knowledge. I should have done more research before posting and been a little more specific. I realized the last two ingredients were preservatives but didn't understand the others were also part of the preservative system. Urea, disodium phosphate, citric acid, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate is a combined ingredient which small makers can't buy but the manufacturer kindly detailed the product formulation! :cool:

Thanks @AliOop. I always appreciate your knowledge. I should have done more research before posting and been a little more specific. I realized the last two ingredients were preservatives but didn't understand the others were also part of the preservative system. Urea, disodium phosphate, citric acid, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate is a combined ingredient which small makers can't buy but the manufacturer kindly detailed the product formulation! :cool:
I kind of thought that might be the case, but was too lazy to look it up and see, so thanks for confirming! ;)

Latest posts

Back