My new soap curing cabinet!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! The cabinet looks wonderful. What a space saver.

Do you rent your husband out?

I've just sent the pics to my husband's computer as a (not so subtle) hint.

He will be thrilled (NOT)!:)

Lol - I just gave him my next request: a cutter that will slice an entire loaf at once! I found several models on the web as well as a couple of YouTube videos that he can use to design it. He pretended to groan when I emailed the links to him, but he's already started researching it. When he finishes it, I'll post pics!

This is so great my husband and I have been trying to come up with a design because we don't have a dining tadle and my soaps are all over the kitchen then he went and bought those plastic drawers from wallmart to get them out of the way. By the way my husband is the stay at home dad. I am the one that works. It is so dusty here he didn't want the soaps covered in dust we came up with a plywood box that we will put computer fans in to pull air through the box but still protecting it from dust. We were wondering if wire shelves would be ok. Thank you so much for sharing. You have a wonderful husband.

Absolutely love the cabinet. Perfect for soap curing. I Need me one of those. I want a soap cutter too. I may have to save up for a tank on that one though. your blessed.

Padamae said:
It is so dusty here he didn't want the soaps covered in dust we came up with a plywood box that we will put computer fans in to pull air through the box but still protecting it from dust. We were wondering if wire shelves would be ok. Thank you so much for sharing. You have a wonderful husband.

I'm happy to share, and yes I have an absolutely wonderful husband! I'd gladly share the plans with the forum, except there weren't any. He made it up as he went!

I had thought about computer fans to circulate air and possibly speed up the curing process. He's designed it so the fans can be added if necessary.

Wire shelves are great as long as they are coated. These are coated in vinyl, which doesn't react with fresh soap. I wouldn't go with plain wire unless it's stainless steel, and we priced those. Outrageous! This was much cheaper, even if we'd had to buy them. Fortunately, they were just sitting in the garage (an abandoned project from several years ago).

Bama said:
I want a soap cutter too. I may have to save up for a tank on that one though. your blessed.

I had thought about buying a tank, but then I realized that David (hubby) could probably make one for lots less, and he'd have fun doing it, and I'd have fun bragging on him a little! :wink: He's a terrific fellow, and I'm truly blessed to have him in my life!

Please feel free to send the photos to your personal handyman! Maybe the pics will be enough to given him an idea of how to proceed. If you need larger images, you can email me and I'll be glad to send the larger version which might give more detail.

My husband does the same no plans or anything I was a drafter for years and I will say I will draw it up so you can duplicate it. He tells me no need he knows what he needs to do.

It is so wonderful to see there are more great couples and I have seen many posts about caring spouses helping support the hobby. I am glad I found this forum.

Padamae said:
My husband does the same no plans or anything I was a drafter for years and I will say I will draw it up so you can duplicate it. He tells me no need he knows what he needs to do.

It is so wonderful to see there are more great couples and I have seen many posts about caring spouses helping support the hobby. I am glad I found this forum.

David and I are a good team. We're opposites in many ways, but we complement each other in a way that works for us.

I wish I could draft plans (jealous!) but I usually describe what I want, give him the relevant dimensions, plus any specific ideas I might have (like using the wire shelving for the racks). After that, I leave it up to him to create the finished item. And then we joke about how I'm "quality assurance" along the way. :lol: Periodically he'll come ask me for an inspection - makes sure we're both "on the same page."

ShariLynn said:
Please feel free to send the photos to your personal handyman! Maybe the pics will be enough to given him an idea of how to proceed. If you need larger images, you can email me and I'll be glad to send the larger version which might give more detail.

YOINK!!!

Totally stealing this idea... this is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back