My first soap....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually try to force it to gel all the way through because it gives it a nice translucent look and that is how the glycerin is formed ... that is the main goal :) And sometimes that half gel circle looks pretty neat ... like it is planned.. even though it is accidental

Gelled soap is more resistant to water, less likely to swell. See for example, slides 41 - 47 here.

Where do you teach at Dr. J? This was great info! Any online classes available :) I've taken my fair share of chem/ochem with my degree in Bio, and I am always looking for more learning!

Where do you teach at Dr. J? This was great info! Any online classes available :) I've taken my fair share of chem/ochem with my degree in Bio, and I am always looking for more learning!

Sorry MK, I didn't notice your post until just now. :oops:

I don't teach anywhere - that presentation I referenced was the work of someone else (Kevin Dunn).

Nice!

No one knows if the result is by design or an accidental, limited edition, collectible, never to be repeated, molds destroyed, design. Put a number on the label (1 of 12!, 2 of 12!). Who knows, you could have the next collectible craze not unlike Beanie Babies. Accept subscriptions in advance, in limited numbers, naturally, to maintain demand. Before long you'll find your bars on the secondary market selling for hundreds of dollars as bidders fight to get one of the few bars issued in October, 2013. Some will convince themselves that the October 2013 issue was good but "I really wanted the November 2014 issue. It was fantastic and is much harder to find."

You have a gold mine on your hands.

Looks really good, love how the top came out. I hope my first try at cp looks half as good as yours!

I'm VERY impressed for a first CP soap! There's no evidence whatsoever that you're not experienced at it. Looks really yummy. :smile:

Back