Mixers for Lotions, Creams and Whipped Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stella

Reaction score
I found a Hamilton Beach, 290 watt, 6 speed mixer with 4-qt stainless steel bowl, 2 beaters, whisk, and 2 dough hooks for $39.99 plus $6.99 shipping. Is this a good stand mixer to use to whip butters that need 15-20 minutes at a time mixing? I didn't want to spend alot of money for a stand mixer for my startup costs.

Has anyone used this type of mixer?

yes, carebear, it is. I thought with the wattage power, it was a pretty good deal. For a stand mixer with a 4-qt stainless steel bowl, it might do what I wanted.

I think I'm going to invest in this.

thanks for replying!

thanks for the info, soapbuddy. I was going to use it for whipped butter using shea butter and aloe vera gel. So I'm thinking the more air, the better... is my thinking correct?

Stella said:
thanks for the info, soapbuddy. I was going to use it for whipped butter using shea butter and aloe vera gel. So I'm thinking the more air, the better... is my thinking correct?
For whipped butters that will be fine. For lotions or creams not so much.

BTW. Shea is oil based and aloe is water based. In order for them to stay together, you will need an emulsifier AND a preservative.

Latest posts

Back