Meatloaf Soap -- Hideous Chocolate Rebatch -- Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babette

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just rebatched 2 lbs. today, from a goat milk soap base, and tried to make a chocolate soap. Welllll, it smells great. It lathers great, but it looks like MEATLOAF. GRAYISH TAN! I tried to add some cocoa powder for colorant and also thought the f.o. might darken it because it had vanilla in it. Not yet, anyway. Any tips on coloring during rebatch? I bought the goat milk base from soaps and sundries.

Also, and this is my main question... Every time I rebatch with the goat milk soap, there are small little pebbles of the base that never melt, no matter how hot I try to get them. I used a stick beater and that got rid of some of the big pebbles, but many stayed behind and are now imbedded in the soap. They look a little like whole grains of oatmeal. I used my crockpot set on serve to melt the base soap.

Thanks and have a great week.

Babette

Hi - Oh, sorry. Not a dumb question, just dumb that I didn't mention it! ha. Yes, it's cold process goat milk. Thanks for your question. B.

I don't rebatch much, so I can't answer that question, but I think the soap will get darker over time. That depends on how much FO you used, but mine always get a nice dark brown.

It sounds like you have a nice soap except for the aesthetic. It's hard to tell without a picture. Maybe you're being too hard on yourself.

Is this a good candidate for felting:)

Back