Luxury Shower Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assima Egbame

Reaction score
Hello!
I am working on a shower oil and I need help improving my recipe to make it more luxurious. I want the shower oil do be hydrating & conditioning.
I am following a very basic recipe that you can see below:

Phase A:
Lumorol K5229 - 57%

Phase B
Apricot Kernel Oil - 15%
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 15%
Sweet Almond Oil - 5%
Caprylic/Capric Trigyceride - 15%

Phase C
Fragrance Oil - 2%
Vitamin E - 1%

Any suggestion on how to take this recipe to the next level and create a luxury shower oil? Any guidance is welcomes & greatly appreciate.

I had to look up Lumorol K5229, and I found this INCI:

INCI: Laureth-4 (and) MIPA-Laureth Sulfate (and) Propylene Glycol

Because it contains sulfates, I personally wouldn't use it as sulfates are very irritating to my skin, making it turn red and peel. Unfortunately, that's a pretty common reaction for a lot of people. Is there another surfactant that you might consider?

Hello!
I am working on a shower oil and I need help improving my recipe to make it more luxurious. I want the shower oil do be hydrating & conditioning.
I am following a very basic recipe that you can see below:

Phase A:
Lumorol K5229 - 57%

Phase B
Apricot Kernel Oil - 15%
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 15%
Sweet Almond Oil - 5%
Caprylic/Capric Trigyceride - 15%

Phase C
Fragrance Oil - 2%
Vitamin E - 1%

Any suggestion on how to take this recipe to the next level and create a luxury shower oil? Any guidance is welcomes & greatly appreciate.
I Love Lumorol. I use the recipe linked here. It leaves my skin gorgeously hydrated and smooth. Goes into the tub so not at all what you asked for however. Edited to add: perhaps a shower cleansing tablet that rinses off?? https://aromantic.co.uk/blogs/make-your-own-skin-care-recipes/foaming-bath-melts

Back